worried - weaning

S

stargirl69

I started weaning when my son was 26 weeks actual or 16 corrected. He is now 36 actual and 26 corrected. I just put him up to 3 meals a day last week and he typically eats - fruit puree with baby rice for breakfast, 2 jars of organix 4 month stuff for lunch and ellas kitchen 7 month old stuff for dinner. I'm finding that he is now refusing his milk feeds. He has had 7oz -5 times a day for a long time. I'm now struggling to get him to have 3 7oz, and he refuses his night-time bottle completely. Is this normal? Is this ok? Should I get him up to eat when he is sleeping during the day? As it is, he sometimes sleeps until 2.30 before he gets lunch, then has a milk feed around 5 and dinner at 6, bedtime milk should be about 8 but as I said he is refusing. Should milk still be the priority, or should food be now? Thanks in advance!

Its normal for them to start to drop their milk as they get older and eat more. As long as hes having 20 oz of milk a day its fine

Yeah he's having about 21 oz at the moment. Thanks for your reply!

Since Leo's been on solids, he's been having 3 x 7oz bottles a day and 3 meals, which is recommended for his age. So it sounds like your LO is right on track :)

sounds all good to me :thumbup:

Sounds great, eats a lot more than my dd at that age and probably not far off her now! I love it when they eat well! :happydance::munch:

It sounds perfectly normal to me. Remember the milk intake can also include milk foods too. If you are concerned he's not having the right allowance of milk for calcium etc, try making milk puddings. They are incredibly easy to make. Semolina is a favourite here. Just boil some milk and stir in semolina flour until it reaches the consistency you think he will eat. Let it simmer for a few minutes. You can freeze it too. Custard is good aswell and is made in a similar way. I would think you can make both of these making whatever milk he has in his bottles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->