Worried

Nikkinoonoo

Mummy to a gorgeous girl
Reaction score
Hello ladies, I'm a bit worried about Jessica now. She has never been one for her solids, much preferring her bottles but just lately she has been of them more so. As she recently aquired two teeth I just put it down to this.
Tonight I gave her a little mini ricecake thingy (meant for 6+ months) and she choked on the bloody thing and made herself sick.
This isn't the first time either. It's as if when a bit breaks off into her mouth she don't know what to do with it and panics. Hence me flapping about like a mad woman and banging her on the back to help dislodge it.
She is nearly 9 months old now so surely shouldn't be having these problems? Anyone else had this? I think I may phone the doc or HV tomorrow about it as I don't really know what I should be doing now.
xXx

All kids take to lumpy foods/ finger foods at different ages. Your HV can give you some tips on how to overcome it, but it's definitely nothing to worry about. My little Robin was the same, so we'd wait a few weeks, and then introduce those foods he didn't like again. Perseverance is the key. Good luck xx

rhiannon used to be like this, she would open her mouth as if gagging ad me thinking she was choking would bang her back, she began to think it was a game, so i used to break of bits off really small bits of toast/crackerbread/sandwhich/cheese etc and feed her that way for a week or two then give them to her to try again..took about 3-4 weeks but she is ok now
:)

(p.s love her pics under your posts she is a doll :) xxx)

Thanks Welshcakes I'll try that. She seems to gag at everything, before she even knows what it is! xXx

awww hun i dont really have any advice
but just wanted to let u no samsam sends loads a xxxxxxx and :hug: to jessica x
hope things get better soon babe x:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"