Worried.

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I know I've not been on here for a while, but I had a bit of worrying news an hour ago, and apart from Stu, you girls were the first people I thought about talking about it with. Made me realise how much I miss you all and all your good advise.:hugs:

So, here goes. I had a cold last week, just a normal cold, not 'flu. I felt 100% recovered by Saturday. Apart from the right side of my face! My right eye is bloodshot and streaming water - I have to carry a tissue everywhere because it looks like I'm crying from one eye. My other eye is also bloodshot, but not sore or weepy. The skin underneath both eyes is really puffy, and I have really noticable bags and dark circles. And on Monday I noticed a small tender lump. It is on the top/back of my cheek near my right ear, about when the jawbone connects. It's about 1cm, and is very sore. Then last night, I found another at the bottom of my ear, and this morning an identical one on my jawbone on the left of my face. I also have 3 enormous spots in places I don't get them - one on my nose, and one on each cheek. So with the bloodshot weepy eyes, dark circles, puffiness and bright red boil-like spots, I look delightful!!! :dohh:So I have been to the doctors.

He has worried me to death.:cry:

He has said that they may be inflamed lymph nodes. They become inflamed when they are fighting infection - that's their job. But normally, it's the tonsills, or the ones on your neck. He said it's extremely unusual for these ones to become inflamed and tender. He said he would give me a weeks course of anti-biotics, and wants me to go back next week. He said he wasn't very confident that the pills would work, but wanted to try that first, but if they are still swollen next week, he's going to refer me to the hospital. Then he told me that one of the things that can cause lumph nodes to swell is when cancerous cells break off of a tumour somewhere else in the body, and try to pass through the nodes! OMG - why did he tell me that!??!!!!!!

I've now got all sorts of things running through my head! Is this why I've not got pg yet? Have I got a tumour?

Bloody stupid doctor for saying that to me! I know he was just trying to give me all the facts, but he's now panicked me, and my mind is racing.

I'm going crazy waiting for Stu to get home from work, and wanted to talk to someone. Thanks for listening.:hugs:

Oh hun that is scary, any time cancer comes up it is scary! I hope it is just a little infection and the pills will knock it out!

i am so sorry he is worrying you like this, there are a lot of nurses on the forum and i hope one of them can reply with some medical facts. hugs XX

:hugs: Oh my that is very scary, cancer is a very scary thing in and of itself. Hopefully it's just the infection and the antibiotics will clear everything up. Keep us updated :hugs:

:hugs: Silly doc for worrying you like that. Hopefully it is just a little infection and you start to feel better soon:hugs:
Please keep us updated

:hugs:Oh hun I feel for you and im sorry you have had this great strain put on you.

I guess coming from a doctors point of view he would have to cover all areas concerned with you, so that he isn't ignoring medical issues. (I don't know if that makes sense but I think you might grasp what I am trying to say, I've got it in my head what im saying but can't quite get it in my finger tips) Also if caught soon enough its much easier to treat, so I guess he is just looking for signs so your health dosent become endangered

Hopefully the anti-biotics will take their course and the lumps will reduce, and go back to normal again...

I know its much easier said than done but try not to stress/wpry too much hun, if it is just an infection which touch wood it is, then it willbe harder to fight if you're ill with worrying.

x

It really sound as if it is an infection cuaisng the lymph nodes to swell. Your' eyes are red, watery & puffy, so you have an eye infection of some sort. As eyes ears nose close together I personally would have said t is quite logical for the lymph nodes on your cheeks and near your ears to be swollen.

Have you been given any drops or ointment for your eyes?

Hope the antibiotics work. GP was abit tactless tho. If a/b work then you've spent a week worrying for nothing. Not gonna help you recover either stressing about what might be.

:hugs: hope you get well soon.

Agree that was a bit tactless of your doctor. I know they need to cover their bases but theres some things that are just best unheard unless they have more evidence to say so.
He could at least have waited to see if the anti bis did anything before mentioning that.

:hugs: I hope the anti biotics sort it and its nothing major.

Google is my friend for a change! I've just done some searches, and i think the doc is being too over cautious. He's only been a GP for 2 years, and spends lots of the appointments looking through books to check things, bless him. He is a lovely bloke, but only young. I'm glad he's covering all bases, but I just wish he'd have kept some things to himself.:dohh:

I think you're right Caroline, it definitely all points to an infections.

He hasn't given me any drops or ointment, just the pills, so hopefully they'll start working soon.

Thanks for all your kind words and advise.:hugs:

glad ur feeling a bit better hun :hugs: xx

:shock: just what you wanna hear!!!
Glad google was a friend for a change, and its but your mind at rest a little
Hope you feel better soon darling :hugs:

No advice just hope you feel better soon :hugs:

:hugs: Oh My.... I will be thinking of you and keeping positive thoughts your way. :hugs: I hope that everything is all right. Im sorry you have to wait to find out what is going on. :( :hugs:

Hope your tablets work! At least he told you I suppose even if he didnt go about it in the best way possible but at least he is enthusiastic.

:hugs:

xx

Phew! I'm not surprised you were panicking. Glad Google has actually helped for once.

Hope the anti-bios work nice n quick. Make sure you go back anyway next week just to be sure. :hugs:

Hi Amanda

I am sorry that the doc has put ideas in your head.

I hope it is nothing too serious lovely.

xxxx

Was very glad to see teh Google outcoming! Still on the edge of your sit I'm sure.

I hope the antibiotics kick in for you & you feel on top of the world - bulging spots VERY soon :hugs:

*Pist* Glad you missed us ... we have our uses :smug:even if it is a cute animated gif (hug) lol x

Hey,

I have a couple lymph nodes that have been sitting behind my ear and beneath my jaw for years, they don't hurt but they are there! I went to the doctor several times about them. I've even had second opinions, all my blood tests are normal. Also as long as they aren't growing then I wouldn't worry, I have seen two doctors about mine and both have told me that THEY also have lymph nodes in these places that have been there for years and have never gone down either!

It is wrong of the doctor to worry you with these kinds of words. If you are fighting off other infections, sometimes lymph nodes do inflame, it's natural.

I hope this helps a little with your nerves =)

I never thought i would say this but I hope you have an infection... in a nice way :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->