Worries about conceiving

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
Recently I've become pretty paranoid that when we do eventually start trying it will take us ages to actually be able to conceive. We've only ever used condoms and not once have we ever even had an oopsie moment or pregnancy scare in the six years we've been having sex. There is nothing I want more than to one day be a mummy so I'm absolutely terrified at the idea we won't be able to conceive. The OH still isn't ready to start TTC yet but with each month that passes I can't help but feeling I might be missing my chance. I know that I am only 24 and I have no obvious reason to worry but I can't help it. Does anyone else feel this way?

I do. I'm really worried that I won't be able to conceive (simply because my periods are irregular), and that really scares me.

All the time hon!
We've known for many years (after a slight scare during our first year together) that we wanted a family but that we wanted to be married 1st. 9 years on we finally got married last year! But whilst waiting I stupidly got myself a car fiance deal which we are having to wait out before we can start trying so we're financially stable enough - this will bring us to next august. On top of that its trying to get Hubby's head round the idea that whilst it would be nice its not nessercery for us to have his dads and gran's blessing - if their faces/attitude on our wedding was anything to go by they will not be overjoyed at the idea of a baby!!!
I then start panicking that due to irregular periods before going on the pill 10 years ago (no real breaks) and the fact one of my sisters has unexplained infertility and the fact that by next year I'll be 29 - I'm constantly worried its not gonna be easy for us if it's able to happen at all!!!

Me. I'm scared about conceiving because I have PCOS and a few other issues. :(

Oh, yeah. I have no logical reason to be worried.. But I still wonder sometimes.

Hope everything works out for all of us!

What worries me that is my age.I'll be 29 in Dec and I worry I won't have children until it's too late or not at all.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who worries. I do hope that we are all worrying unnecessarily though and that we'll get the babies we want when the time comes.

I agree LynAnne, and we all probably have no reason whatsoever to worry, but I guess it's just natural.

I have no reason to worry but I do! Best to try not to though...worrying never helped anyone get pregnant! :)

I am terrified I cnt either.... I know I am only 24 but I have hypo thyroidism. Cant try yet tho coz this is a new relationship and we have been together 6 months. Also in my old relationship we weren't preventing at all for a year and nothing at all, so this makes me really worried, was it me or him kinda worry.

My new partner has a little girl and wants another when she is at least 3.

Do u ladies think it would be crazy to ask him next September 2014? Means it wud be after June 2015 due date meaning lil one would be over 3.

Me. I'm scared about conceiving because I have PCOS and a few other issues. :(

I know a friend helped with pcos and blood sugars. If want any advice I can get info for you. I fell pregnant in June by accident and it scared me and I feel dreadful as I miscarried- my husband was so excited I was pregnant and very angry that I was unsure and now i am so scared I won't conceive again :-(

I am terrified, too! For several reasons:

- When I was younger I had very irregular periods. I then went on birth control for 6 years to regulate. I did an internship out of state when I was in college, and because I had insurance through school, I could only get my birth control pills from the health center at school, and therefore I was forced to go off of them for 8 months. During that time I didn't have a single period :/ When I saw a new gyno, she put me on an estrogen-based pill that made me horrible moody, so I quit taking it after 3 months. That was 4 years ago and my cycles have been every 28-33 days like clockwork every month, but because I was once irregular I am still terrified that something is wrong.

- I have been using OPKs for 3 cycles and have yet to get a positive. I have read that some women just don't produce a strong enough LH surge to show up on an OPK, but that it is enough to release the egg. I temp and chart and always get a clear temp spike, but those negative OPKs have me very paranoid!

- I freak myself out by reading articles about how women can have regular periods but not ovulate. Even though this is EXTREMELY rare, I'm still petrified that this is happening to me because of the negative OPKs!

- I'll be turning 30 in 6 weeks.

So yeah, you ladies are not alone!!! I guess we will not know until we start trying, and all we can do is prepare as best we can, but I think that tiny fear will always be in the backs of our minds.

My friend said she feels like this and her dh suggested they get a fertility test to settle their minds. Id not thought of that but worth considering

What you're feeling is a common concern. I know I felt the same way and was convinced it would take us years to conceive when DH and I started TTC #1. We actually got pg the first month trying so obviously my concerns weren't really necessary.

all the time! im 22 (nearly 23 when start TTC) and have no reason to have any worries but i am so scared... i think its most scary because there is no way of knowing till you actually start trying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->