worries about having another mmc

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Can you have a completely mmc i.e. no pain/cramps/bleeding at all ????

Last year I had no bleeding but did have period pain cramps sometimes strong and backpain - though im not sure that it was connected to the mc as I remember I got this quite early on and baby didn't die till 9 weeks

With this pregnancy I have had no pain apart from a few days of backpain and I have had a scan since then so know all is ok for that, what I am trying to ask is am I just going to be worried until the 12 week scan if you can have a mmc without any pain or signs or could there be things to look out for ????

I just don't want to talk about this pregnancy too much atm for fear that something is going to be wrong - everything is perfect timing wise with this pregnancy and if it goes ok my little bean is going to have many friends at the same age - give or take a few months and my work situation may not be so much of a problem when I return. Im worried that things slotting into place is going to be too good to be true and its all going to be taken away from me. I would not be able to cope with another mc with so many of my friends having babies this year.

I know im having a panicky day, after having my last scan and all was ok Im coming up to the time that we lost our last baby so am worried. :cry:

Chances are if you have a good early scan things will be fine. I had an 8 week scan, but was still a wreck for my 12 week (and 20 week) scan. MMC is the worst because you really don't feel like you can trust your body. With my MMC I didn't have any MC symptoms at all. I don't like to say so since I know it can be scary for others. :(
Sorry, don't have good news. :hugs: I have heard that diarrhea and vomiting are signs of MMC, but...honestly that's something that people can get in 1st tri anyhow. Sometimes there's just no way to know. I really had to turn my brain off until my 12 week scan.

It is so hard darling, I was a wreck at the 10 week mark when I lost Edan, and since then I have been slowly driving myself loopy until my NT in 4 days. My idea of hell is having another MMC, and I think you are the same. Honestly, I didn't get any symptoms but I just knew. I told DH to take me to hospital as something is wrong, and it was the day bubs died. Whilst in some ways that was a blessing, it has made me more mental this time as the problem with intuition is you can convince yourself of something that is not.

It isn't easy darling, you just need to keep your chin up, keep talking and keep fighting through. What you have to hold on to is that this is a different pregnancy, which has as much chance of being healthy as everyone elses. Don't give up hope hun but we are all here when you need us :hugs:

hun, i think its safe to say you can have a mmc with no syptoms, i didn't know for over 2 weeks until i started leaking brown stuff.

I'm worried this time, and if you are then get in touch with the epu and tel them you want another scan in between as you are stressing out. Big hugs xxxx as the midwife said yesterday i'd have to be very unlucky to suffer it again now i'm 9 weeks so that applies to you too. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hey sweetie, i know exactly how your feeling. I was the same i was utterly terrified of it happening again...i didnt really have any symptoms at all with my mmc but mines was different coz it was molar so dont let that scare you. Its so hard to be positive and try to dismiss the bad thoughts...i literally shake my head when a bad thought comes into my head. I was told that the chances of having another mmc were very very low....take care hun xx

Hiya Mrs Doddy,

I had a MMC with no signs at all and it is really hard to get your head round. Also know how it feels re friends/family being pregnant and worrying about my pregnancy being "too good to be true". But as others here and the doctors say, the odds are good, and not too long til the next scan.

I have been lucky enough to have 6, 8 and 10 week scans from my local NHS 'cos of my history of recurrent m/c, and know that ladies on here have booked private scans so as not to have to wait too long between scans.

Hang on in there!

I think alot of us are feeling the same hun. I had a mmc last year and was totally devastated. It puts the fear of god into me now. Once you have been through that you cannot relax and are always on edge. Wondering 'what if'.

I would love to say it goes away but i'm finding it harder as the weeks go on. Be strong hun and just take 1 day at a time reaching different milestones. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->