Worry getting in the way of being fantastic mum!

Scottish mum

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I'm a new mum to a little month old boy who is gorgeous!!

However I'm slightly overwhelmed and my constant worrying is stopping me to be able to be the mum that I want to be!

I worry about my lo all the time I think it's down to the fact that I'm coming to terms with being a new mum and it's a huge responsibility! I imagine him falling or me dropping him and I panic so much even when other small children touch him I worry incase they hurt him!!

How can I just chill out so I can get on and enjoy our time together instead of constantly thinking of him getting hurt!

Xx

:hugs: i think worrying is natural, you are now responsable for a whole other being, it is amazing and brilliant but scary all at the same time. but if you feel worrying is getting in the way of you enjoying being a mum then maybe discuss it with your health visitor.:hugs:

Hi everybody!

I'm a new mum to a little month old boy who is gorgeous!!

However I'm slightly overwhelmed and my constant worrying is stopping me to be able to be the mum that I want to be!

I worry about my lo all the time I think it's down to the fact that I'm coming to terms with being a new mum and it's a huge responsibility! I imagine him falling or me dropping him and I panic so much even when other small children touch him I worry incase they hurt him!!

How can I just chill out so I can get on and enjoy our time together instead of constantly thinking of him getting hurt!

Xx

I have this as well, it's a big part of my PND. Moreso I worry that I won't know how to calm LO when she gets fussy, or won't be able to get her to eat enough. Sometimes I've no clue why I'm worried, but I just have a knot in my stomach and I'm super restless. I know some worry is normal...but I think some of us are affected even more. Sending big hugs!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->