• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

worrying about birth already

kirstr1984

tobys mom
Reaction score
ok so i know its probably a while till i have to worry but i just wondered if those who had already given birth could reassure me! i know every one says when you are in labour you wont care but i know i will..... can you be covered so that no one but the midwife can see baby coming? i really dont want my partner or anyone else seeing anything! i know it sounds daft but its something that really bothers me.

Hello!

You can be covered up, and even though it doesn't bother most people it may bother you at the time. Don't worry, make sure it goes in your birth plan/notes. They have sheets that are over you most of the time and you can keep it on if you want. I was quite chilly so wanted to stay covered (and gave birth lying down).

:hugs:

I'm sure if you ask them to do that, they will. DH has strict instructions from me to stay north of the equator. LOL!

I'm sure if you ask them to do that, they will. DH has strict instructions from me to stay north of the equator. LOL!

That's what I told my oh but it didn't happen lol at the time i just didn't care, he had fastened the gown on me and I couldn't get it off I remember saying someone untie me or all rip it off and was just about naked through the whole thing apart from the sheet they put over your legs

I remember after it saying there isn't any curtains I can see out and oh had to go fetch mw to reassure me that no one can see as I'd convinced myself I'd just given birth with a waiting room watching lol

it bothers me! you can keep yourself pretty covered through most of it when your in labour wear a really long tshirt or nighty and even with your knickers off only the midwife will see when shes checking for dilation you can ask your birthing partner to stay up by your head aswell to save any embarrassment xx

i dont know if it will bother me, im having mine in july when it is more than likely gonna be hot so i think i will probably be wanted to expose just to cool down in the heat. lol, know what i worry about, shaving and toe nails lol

I have been reading a lot about it lately since I am going to do a natural birth and I want to know what to be prepared for. I'm sure you can ask to be covered, but "losing modesty" is a sign that you are in active labor. During early labor you will still probably care, but I think it just gets to a certain point where even really shy, modest women really aren't concerned about people seeing their lady parts.
I found this website very useful since it describes the different phases of labor very well so you can know what to be prepared for. This is the link on Active Labor but there is a ton more information on the website if you want to ease some of your worries
https://www.birthingnaturally.net/birth/progress/activelabor.html

I have been reading a lot about it lately since I am going to do a natural birth and I want to know what to be prepared for. I'm sure you can ask to be covered, but "losing modesty" is a sign that you are in active labor. During early labor you will still probably care, but I think it just gets to a certain point where even really shy, modest women really aren't concerned about people seeing their lady parts.
I found this website very useful since it describes the different phases of labor very well so you can know what to be prepared for. This is the link on Active Labor but there is a ton more information on the website if you want to ease some of your worries
https://www.birthingnaturally.net/birth/progress/activelabor.html

Thank you, that is super useful!

I'm concerned, too, but my doula told me that once the baby is ready to come, you don't give a rat's ass about who sees what, you just want the baby out. :) But talk to the nurse, and maybe put your OH on "modesty duty", and when a sheet slips off or goes askew, he can drape it back over you.

I really don't remember that well. As I can recall I was covered up for the most part during labor but when the time to push came, all the covers were off and the room was filled with people! Not that I cared... But if you do care, I'm sure you can request that they try and keep things more covered for you.

Honestly the birthing process is so exciting, I can't wait to do it again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"