Worrying about money

Nafretili

Mummy & Pregnant
Reaction score
There's so much to do before baby is born and I don't know how it's going to get done!

I stress about money too, my husband and I don't have a very high combined income. I worry about buying things, how we're going to pay for child care, etc. It's scary to think about but I know it'll work itself out in the end :flower:

I'm in the same boat, if i didn't have money worries i'd be alot happier, but like previous poster said, it will all work out in the end.

Yeah I can't wait to have everything prepared and ready but its a saving battle against time for us! x

I'm a grad student, so I live off loans. OH used to make a very good salary but was laid off 2 years ago, and hasn't been able to find a paying job since then (he works in return for equity and experience at a start up that may never get off the ground). We have too much in investments (his 401k, and some stocks I inherited from grandparents) to qualify for any public assistance, but thank goodness we have personal resources! It's easy to worry when the economy is so bad, and I know others have it a lot worse than us. What I plan to do is check places like Freecycle and Craigslist for hand me downs and trust that everything will come together. OH has even had a few interviews lately, and I'm hoping that will lead to a job.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that we'll all make it work, somehow. I think a little creativity can go a long way.

You could try asking around relatives/friends, for any second hand baby things. On our 1st pregnancy, me and my OH bought most of our baby essentials for £100 off a friend of a friend. I got a bath, cot and mattress, moses basket, swing, play mat and some other things which were all m&p nearly new's for that. You could check out ebay for bargains too. A lot of things which don't even make it out the packaging, get on there for cheap prices. x x x

Money is a HUGE issue for me too at the minute. Me and OH are both at uni and so will basically be living off student loans and part time work which isnt alot really...
I am a little worried but I know things will all work out somehow, as long as you have enough money to give LO what it needs, the rest will fall into place. Some stuff are so cheap as well these days you can get 2nd hand things that are practically brand new, LO wont know the difference x

Yeah, my hubby and I started ttc when we were sure financially ready, we are not rich, but at least we won't worry about it too much cuz I'm not gonna work/stay home wife. I'm currently only a temp making $400/week anyway.
Day care is like $800-1000/month, crazy!

We are in our early 30s.

You can always buy a little along the way too instead of trying to get alot done.. diapers out of one check, another little something out of another.. that way you're still getting what you need over time & its not as hard on you fianicially.

I'm right there with you. Money is tight, and we are trying to figure things out.

I know the family is big on buying gifts, so I don't think things for the baby will be a problem. I was also guided to a little thrift store that takes clothes for store credit. This might be the best thing for us.

Things will come together.

we are financially stable, it's just we don't have a lot of money to spare for extras! We're trying to move to a bigger house!

Remember you don't have to buy everything brand new. Loads of people practically give stuff away hardly used, or you can get things really cheaply on ebay and such like.

there are some pages on facebook that advertise stuff for sale in certain areas... Maybe pt a post on there asking if anyone has baby stff for sale.... My sister in law got most of her baby stuff from local car boots.... that way you can see the condition of the items and guaranteed to grab a bargain.....

xxxxxxxx

Money is always an issue we do what we can, we have been saving money for over two years to have a baby, a few friends have given me things playpens, highchair and tons of other things
everything seems to always just work don't worry I think every one is worried about money when they have a baby

Yeah I think the majority of pregnant ladies worry about money. I was ment to be starting my training this week but got postponed and I have to go on the next training days (ive worked for this company already and only left for 2 months so don't see the point in more training) so I won't b starting well past new year now. Well annoyed :( were living off OHs wage. X

there are some pages on facebook that advertise stuff for sale in certain areas... Maybe pt a post on there asking if anyone has baby stff for sale.... My sister in law got most of her baby stuff from local car boots.... that way you can see the condition of the items and guaranteed to grab a bargain.....

xxxxxxxx

Car boot sales are fab :thumbup: They've stopped for the winter round where I am now, but when I last went I saw all sorts (wasn't pregnant then, though!). One week I saw a silver cross pushchair (one that converts to a pram) with a car seat, looked like it had never been used (the wheels weren't worn at all) for £80! They're about £300-400 new. You can get all sorts of clothing really cheaply too.

The only advise I will give aboutcar boot sales is dont get car seats unless you know the people selling it.... if the car seat has been in an accident it will do more harm than good if (hope to god it never happens) you are in a car accident.... same principal for crash helmets tooxxxxxxx

Whatever happens, you will make it work as your maternal instinct will make sure you provide for your baby. My family were very poor and I grew up in South America. As long as your babies have a lot of love and the basic things, everything will be okay.

There's so much to do before baby is born and I don't know how it's going to get done!

I'm right there with you. But everything always works out!! So i'm trying not to stress. Stress isn't good for the babies ladies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->