Worrying about my age and DH age

ByHisGrace08

Waiting to be family of 3
Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

So I am 26 (going to be 27 in June) and my DH is 33 (going to be 34 in May) and I worry that we are getting to old...not so much me but my DH. I guess what brought this on is today I read an article on Yahoo about a 62 year old dad dying and leaving behind his 11 year old daughter I know not quite my current circumstances but still I worry!

My DH is the last in his family to have a child and the pressure is on! DH just shrugs it off but I can't esp. since the problem is with me!

I guess I just want to hear from some other women out there who might be in the same situation as me. We are TTC #1 again and are at the 8 month mark of TTC this time.

I really want more then 1 or 2 kids...like 6 of them!!! My DH was blessed to be 1 of 7, my Mom 1 of 10 and my Dad 1 of 4. Due to health issues my Mom and Dad only had 2 but dreamed of at least 4. I love kids and as I get older I feel it in my soul to be a Mom, my happiest times are spent babysitting my nieces and nephews and my friends kids. I ache to have a life growing inside me and be called a Mom. I am so blessed to have so many other wonderful things in my life and I am trying not to let this consume me but coupled with the TTC worry is the worry that the clock is ticking and ticking loudly!

Blessings and Babydust,

You are still young yet. Fertility doesn't usually start declining til 35 and in some cases older. Wha methods do you use to monitor Ovulation?

I was put in my place today , My statement above regarding fertility decline at 35 is by far wrong! Britgirl82 posted a VERY informative article that I think every person TTC should read!! Amazing stuff for sure. Thanx again Britgirl for sharing.

I'm 34 will be 35 in June. I am soooo close to that decline window. This is my first cycle actually trying.

When I opened your post I expected you to say you were 42, not 26!! You are so young!!!

The idea that fertility starts decreasing at 35 is actually a bit of a fallacy - it's based on data from hundreds of years ago. It's actually more like 40.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazin...-wait-to-have-a-baby/309374/?single_page=true

Honestly - 26 is still really young in fertility terms.

Not me personally, but my mom was 35 when she had my brother and 39 when she had me (my dad was 38 and 42).

One of my closest friends struggled with infertility and finally had her first in her early 30's. The next year she had her second daughter, and now, she's pregnant with twins. So she'll have 4 kids ages 3 and under....so I don't think you or your DH are too old, especially if you plan on having your kids close together.

You are still young yet. Fertility doesn't usually start declining til 35 and in some cases older. Wha methods do you use to monitor Ovulation?

Hello! Thank you for your replying!!! I have PCOS so I don't ovulate, I use Provera to induce a period and I am currently on Metformin 1000mg. In May I will be seeing FS about clomid.

When I opened your post I expected you to say you were 42, not 26!! You are so young!!!

The idea that fertility starts decreasing at 35 is actually a bit of a fallacy - it's based on data from hundreds of years ago. It's actually more like 40.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazin...-wait-to-have-a-baby/309374/?single_page=true

When put like that you make me feel better about myself! My worry is also about my DH...34 seems to old to have a first child? Maybe not...?

Not me personally, but my mom was 35 when she had my brother and 39 when she had me (my dad was 38 and 42).

One of my closest friends struggled with infertility and finally had her first in her early 30's. The next year she had her second daughter, and now, she's pregnant with twins. So she'll have 4 kids ages 3 and under....so I don't think you or your DH are too old, especially if you plan on having your kids close together.

Thank you!! I love hearing stories like your friends they give me so much hope and yes I want my kids close in age! Just a question did you notice your parents were older when you were growing up?

Thank you!! I love hearing stories like your friends they give me so much hope and yes I want my kids close in age! Just a question did you notice your parents were older when you were growing up?

I did. I won't lie to you, my parents were around the same age as some of my friends grandparents, but honestly, they didn't act like they were. They acted and looked like young, hip parents, so no one knew any different. They love the age they had kids, and are young at heart, so I guess that's all that really matters :)

You have loads of time! You're still young and so is DH (and fertility isnt really the same for men. Age wise)

My parents had 4 kids. And my dad is 8 years older than my mom. They had my brother at 26/34 then me at 28/36 then 10 years later they had my brother at 38/46 and my sister at 39/47! We're now 25/23/14 and 13 and my Dad has just turned 60 :)
we're all just fine! My parents have never struggled, we get along just fine, im very close to my dad! No issues at all :)

You have plenty of time, so relax and enjoy yourself!

What did she dooooo?!? How was she able to overcome the infertility and how long was she ttc for?!?

You have nothing to worry about, stop stressing over nothing! No other way I can say that, just chill about your ages. :)

So much time...I am envious lol. We ttc for years with many losses and at the ripe age of 37 (me) and 42 (dh) we will finally have our first child in June! You are as young or old as you feel and act. Proper diet and exercise are key and have kept us looking younger than our years for some time (and being completely immature lol). This pregnancy has been a breeze compared to what everyone said it would be at my age and I hope it continues that way of course. It CAN be done and I did it with one tube and seriously screwed up cycles so just focus and take care of yourself.

BTW will be trying for number 2 within a year of having our baby girl:thumbup:

Britgirl: that's good then.......I'm still in the running without needing meds and supliments? I'm gonna read up on the link you posted for her. GREAT! Im 34 will be 35 in June, so I'm hoping to have one more!

I did. I won't lie to you, my parents were around the same age as some of my friends grandparents, but honestly, they didn't act like they were. They acted and looked like young, hip parents, so no one knew any different. They love the age they had kids, and are young at heart, so I guess that's all that really matters :)

Thank you for your honesty it has helped! I guess I am just worried because this is taking so long to conceive and I am afraid it will take so many more years when I always envisioned myself as a young parent. Thank you.

You have loads of time! You're still young and so is DH (and fertility isnt really the same for men. Age wise)

My parents had 4 kids. And my dad is 8 years older than my mom. They had my brother at 26/34 then me at 28/36 then 10 years later they had my brother at 38/46 and my sister at 39/47! We're now 25/23/14 and 13 and my Dad has just turned 60 :)
we're all just fine! My parents have never struggled, we get along just fine, im very close to my dad! No issues at all :)

You have plenty of time, so relax and enjoy yourself!

Thank you for sharing that does help put my mind at ease! Thanks!

So much time...I am envious lol. We ttc for years with many losses and at the ripe age of 37 (me) and 42 (dh) we will finally have our first child in June! You are as young or old as you feel and act. Proper diet and exercise are key and have kept us looking younger than our years for some time (and being completely immature lol). This pregnancy has been a breeze compared to what everyone said it would be at my age and I hope it continues that way of course. It CAN be done and I did it with one tube and seriously screwed up cycles so just focus and take care of yourself.

BTW will be trying for number 2 within a year of having our baby girl:thumbup:

Thank you that is some good advice!!! So happy for you to be welcoming your baby girl!!

Wow! That article was really inspiring! I'm so happy and thankful that you shared it!! I like her words "alarmist rhetoric" in regards to declining fertility at 35. I'm gonna have to correct my post. <3 <3<3 it!

What did she dooooo?!? How was she able to overcome the infertility and how long was she ttc for?!?

She was TTC for 8 years, and honestly....kind of threw in the towel on the idea, and ended up pregnant. I guess it was just her time finally :)

Try not to worry, neither of you are too old. I'm 27 and my hubby is 49!!! We feel a little silly leaving TTC number 2 this long (our first born is 4), but sometimes it's just the way it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->