Worrying about second bumpo being early.

hawalkden

Reaction score
Just wondering if you guys can give me some reassurance. I had my son 7 months ago. He was 5 weeks early due to pre-eclampsia and he was a NICU fighter for 3 weeks. He's all good now and a monster.
I'm just worrying about having this baby early. The midwife said the pre-eclampsia isn't much of a higher risk I have the same as last pregnancy.
Can you reassurance me if any you mummies have had a 'normal' second or extra pregnancies after a NICU/early munchkin :).

hope all you're NICU survivors are all well too :D.

I don't have any experience but I just had a chat with the obstetrician I saw when I was pregnant with Sophie, because we are considering TTC #2 but Sophie was born at 27 weeks due to pre eclampsia.

He said there would still be around a 20% chance that I would develop pre-eclampsia again at some point during the pregnancy but that could mean really mild at 39 weeks. Are you getting extra monitoring? He told me I would see him a LOT from 20 weeks onwards and wouldn't go more than 3 weeks between scans, and I'd be put on baby aspirin straight away and have sticks to pee on at home every day to check for protein. He also said I'd be safer in a 2nd pregnancy than I was last time, because of all the extra monitoring I'd get.

My best friend had her first LO at 35 weeks due to pre eclampsia and her second one at 39 weeks, planned c-section and no pre eclampsia at all.

xxx

Hi,
I don't get much time now to get on here, but I had both mine at more or less the same time 12weeks early, after being told it was low risk for the same occurrence.
Well he did come early, and he's now 6 months old and absolutely fine. Caused a right drama with his arrival nonetheless but he is gorgeous and a dream baby now.
Don't worry about it is my advice, what will be will be, but even if this baby is early I am sure they will be fine!

I didnt have pre-eclampsia, but we had no idea what made Alex come early. We went on to have Tori who was just overdue. :)

I had Brooke 7 weeks early by crash section, she was 2lb 4 oz due to severe pre-e and HELLP syndrome. she stayed in scbu for 5 weeks and came home weighing 3lb 7oz.

Bertie was born naturally at 40+8 after a totally textbook pregnancy! I was consultant led through the pregnancy and had scans every month, then 2 weekly, then weekly up to his birth. I also took baby aspirin if I remember rightly?! I'm consultant led again this time round but not so full on I think.

:flower:

I had my dd at 26+4 due to spontaneous labour, when I fell pregnant with my ds they did monitor me closely with extra scans/swabs etc and I was convinced he would come early too but I went to 40+1. Im now 7 weeks along with this baby and Im meeting with the consultant soon to discuss if they will monitor me as closely again or not. The best advice I can give is dont stress about having another prem baby, just when you get to that point be aware of your body but dont let the stress cause any problems! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->