Worrying after dentist

jac4315

Married since 4/3/15
Reaction score
I just went to the dentist today and had a tooth refilled because it was chipped and I couldn't eat without lasting pain. They knew I was pregnant and both talked to me the whole time about it and said the numbing stuff was safe for me and baby. But I can't help but worry it will cause problems. Any suggestions to ease my worry?? I want to do to the doctor I'm worrying so bad :/

If you're 12 weeks, you're almost in the second trimester, and they always say that if you have dental work that needs to be done, it is best to do it during the second tri. Don't worry. People have been getting teeth filled for ages. I had to get a root canal done while pregnant in the first tri with my DD. While pregnant with my DS I had a deep filling that they said might need a root canal but they didn't know for sure because they couldn't do x-rays so they just filled it. The day I came home from the hospital after delivering him, I was chewing a piece of gum when the filling exploded out and took half of my tooth with it. I needed a crown after that. Needless to say I no longer put off necessary dental work, even if I'm pregnant! You did the right thing by getting it taken care of early.

If you're 12 weeks, you're almost in the second trimester, and they always say that if you have dental work that needs to be done, it is best to do it during the second tri. Don't worry. People have been getting teeth filled for ages. I had to get a root canal done while pregnant in the first tri with my DD. While pregnant with my DS I had a deep filling that they said might need a root canal but they didn't know for sure because they couldn't do x-rays so they just filled it. The day I came home from the hospital after delivering him, I was chewing a piece of gum when the filling exploded out and took half of my tooth with it. I needed a crown after that. Needless to say I no longer put off necessary dental work, even if I'm pregnant! You did the right thing by getting it taken care of early.

Thank you! I was gonna have it done several months ago but my insurance was having issues and I wasn't sure what the cost would be so this is the first chance I've had. Thanks again!

I'm a dental assistant.
The only thing that they shouldn't do is X-rays. Everything else is safe. Don't worry! :flower:

I had a tooth out Around 9 weeks, I screamed the place down I hate going I'm so scared. But everything was fine x

I'm sure it's fine they wouldnt have done it otherwise. I im going today as i have a broken impacted wisdom tooth that causes me complete agony Im actually hoping the pull it, I already had xrays in November thankfully. I'm sure just a filling will not effect your baby xx

I'm a dental assistant.
The only thing that they shouldn't do is X-rays. Everything else is safe. Don't worry! :flower:

Well..... They did an X-Ray. Covered me with two of those things and said it was safe. I've calmed down a little bit, I know I'm only 12 weeks but I swear I felt 2 flutters earlier. :D It may not have been as this is my first, but it felt like little bubbles popping and I'm not "sick" in any way. I have a appointment in a week and I can NOT wait!

Lots of dentists will do an X-Ray with the shield. It is extremely minimal radiation with a dental X-ray.

However, where I've worked, we have never done X-rays on a pregnant woman, no matter where they are in their pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->