Worrying as they want to rescan

kariss

Reaction score
Hi, I'm not sure if anyone saw my post last week but I went for an early ultrasound, we got to see baby, with a lovely heartbeat and was told everything with baby was absolutely fine..
However she pointed out a blob below baby which she wasn't sure if was the yolk sac (she said it didn't look like a yolk sac) and even mentioned vanishing twin.
I was overcome with emotion (shock, relief, happy, sad you name it lol) and obviously began crying..
She told us to come back a week later to review this blob thing..

Well my scans tomorrow and I can't help but worry! I just don't understand why she would want me to go back surely if it was yolk sac that will just go...and same for vanishing twin?

I'm still getting really bad ms so I'm praying everything is ok with baby but I just keep questioning why..maybe there is more to it..

:cry:

I just needed to get that out I really try not to worry my oh...

You might just end up with twins.. maybe she was giving it time to see what changes..

The thought has crossed my mind! But I can't see it being possible! There's no twins in mine or oh family and the blob was tiny compeared to baby..

I keep re playing what she was saying and it's just making me more nervous she was convinced it wasn't the yolk sac but others on here have said it looks like a perfect yolk sac to them!?

I'm just keeping everything crossed that my baby is fine tomorrow especially as we've now told parents :cry:

Thanks for your reply xxxx

I remember seeing your pic and it definitely looked like the yolk sac to me! Look up others pictures of others same as you ultrasounds. I have definitely see it before!

Thanks I really do appreciate you guys replying,
I have googled way to much ahha most yolk sacs I've seen look like a polo mint? But I agree I have seen the odd one or two that look similar to mine...
My scans in the morning I just want it now! Lol I'm so impatient anyway now even more so!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning, I know what its like for the unknown. My rescan in on the 10th to see if they can find a fetal pole. Please let us know that you find out. Maybe your baby has a buddy! My step sister had twins and there is no trace in our family as well. Best of luck!

Hi I've just got back, baby is doing fine..heartbeat and growing at the right speed..the blob was just the yolk sac :thumbup: I'm in love :happydance: got 4 lovely photos..I'm so happy right now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.