Worsening blood sugar at 28 weeks

Caezzybe

Mummy to Logan & Jasmine
Reaction score
Oh well, I thought I had done well to get away with it so long! I was diagnosed with GD at 16 weeks and have been doing really well on my diet so far. However, today (27+4) it looks like my hormone levels are rising and with them the blood sugars. I had GD last time, diagnosed at 28 weeks so it looks like I'm back to cutting right back on carbs and having to exercise after every meal like last time.

Never mind, at least I've already had about 12 weeks of having to control my diet so only another 10-12 weeks left to go until it's (hopefully) a thing of the past, this will be my last pregnancy as I can't afford the nursery fees for any more children after this one....

28 weeks is a big turning point. I had gestational diabetes with my son 7 years ago, and have become a Type 2 in the years since. (family history of diabetes on both sides).
I have noticed a huge increase in my insulin resistance at the crossover of trimesters. Since last week, my numbers are more crazy than ever!

I was diagnosed at 28 weeks, and then my numbers jumped around a bunch at 32 weeks. I *think* they are stabilizing right now, but who knows what will happen next week... Plus I've had a couple of bad meals - I know precisely why my numbers were out of range - chowing down on all you can eat pasta, soup, salad, and a cup of pudding isn't really a great idea, but it was my aunt's 71st bday and I couldn't stop myself! hehehe.

Its a rollar coaster ride with GD. I had spiking numbers around 16 weeks, Now they have dropped. I expect in the next couple of weeks, they will climb again. Who knows.
When I asked my doc about this weird fall in my sugar numbers the past two weeks, she checked me out with ultrasound and everything seems ok with the baby and the placenta. She said she has seen these unusual cases a few times and they haven't found an explanation for it.

Coming back to your numbers, you are on the last leg of your journey. Just a few more weeks and you can relax about sugar levels again later!

You are not the only one! My numbers have gone crazy here at the 27 week mark, so they are increasing my insulin pretty regularly now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->