Worst constipation in my life

plastic

Mother of 1 (Expecting)
Reaction score
I don't know what to do, I'm in so much pain, the pain comes and goes and I have pressure like I need to poop I just cannot pass it.

As I'm breastfeeding I just don't know what I can do without affecting my LO.

The pain is reducing me to tears and I know if I just try and force it out I'll end up with hemmoroids again :(

Any hints

Aww babe! i had/have this so i know EXACTLY what ur going through!! u can have natural thing like prunes/prunce juice bur what i found the best was going to the doctors and they will give u/ask for fibregel or movocol or laxido but laxido tastes gross so dont go for that one :) fibregel in orange flavour is yummy u just mix it with water and drink it and it makes u go for one long soft poo :)

i have a tear in my anus and it is so horrible its like passing a pine cone (along with straining threw the hemorriods and making them go like red grapes!

the things us ladies have to go threw!!

good luck babe! just make a drs appt :)

xxx

i had this problem last week .. i didnt go for a WHOLE week and before that i was constipated for 3 days . . of course the results (which im still dealing with) are EFFING HORRIBLE HEMORRHOIDS i tried stool softeners laxatives drinking water eating things with fibre and prunes/prune juice ... nadda ... anyways ... last friday i was in so much pain i actually woke my daughter from crying sooo loud (two rooms away) so i went to the hospital and got an ENEMA ... within 12 minutes i went , and then again about 2 hours later i went again .. since then i've had no problem going... you can get an ENEMA at the drug store .. and trust me theyre a LIVE SAVER :dohh:

When going for a number 2, put something infront of the toilet for example a massive stack of books. Your feet need to be elivated , this opens your bowels and will help you go.

Also, put some tissue paper in your hand, hold it over with your hand over your sore area, and "push" slightly when you start to go. This will help as well.

as mentioned above, eating dried prunes or apricots might help, i think about a handful. they might make you fart alot too.

are you getting enough water?

Try stool softeners. I was given these in the hospital from the nurses and I am breastfeeding as well.

Have you tried prunes/prune juice? I still have issues with pooing.

Lactalose is a godsend!

Witch hazel is amazing and really helped me last week, and ice cubes... I know these don't help with the poops but they do help with the after affects of been bunged up.
A garlic clove up the bum is also meant to help but I am dubious about this ?

Constipation or impaction? I had an impaction last night after not going for a few days, it was some of the worst pain I've ever gone through in my life. If its impaction then prunes etc wont help, you'll possibly have to see a doctor to have it removed.

Very unpleasant to have to resort to that but so much better than the pain :(

It could be impactation??? It just fricken hurts!

I had a c section so I really didn't think I would have these problems but I did get constipated after I got home and since then everything's been terrible!

I have a tear or hemmoroids, when I do go number 2 geez it hurts, and then when you desperately need to go but can't oh dear god, why does the body have to be so cruel!

I don't have long till our 6 week appointment so will discuss with doctor then urghh horrible subject! Is there anything doctors can actually give you for hemmoroids?? If I get rid of them I think I can start dealing with other things

I had this too! Boy, it was painful! Eating a lot of fiber seemed to help regulate everything though!

It sounds like you need more than just prunes. You may need an enema, but your doctor will tell you what to take or do for your constipation. But if you wanna try something before going to the doc, then I'd try the enema. This is the most you can do over the counter.

I had my c-section on march 26th and wasn't able to go to the bathroom for the first time till april 2nd. and it was HORRIFIC!! and then didn't go for 2 days then once again I had a terrible go yesterday I was bleeding so bad it filled the toilet with blood..sorry tmi but I reallllly would recommend you use an enema and not go thru that. I was in the bathroom for about half an hour trying to push it out and crying from pain.

I had my c-section on march 26th and wasn't able to go to the bathroom for the first time till april 2nd. and it was HORRIFIC!! and then didn't go for 2 days then once again I had a terrible go yesterday I was bleeding so bad it filled the toilet with blood..sorry tmi but I reallllly would recommend you use an enema and not go thru that. I was in the bathroom for about half an hour trying to push it out and crying from pain.

Omg never ever push to the point of bleeding. That worsens hemorrhoids and can give you new ones.

If you ever find yourself constipated, load up on water, at least 2 liters. After awhile, poo hardens in the colon so better to keep in water intake to sorta "moisturize" your intestines and keep the poo soft for easy passage. Also, warm water is better.

Once your constipation clears up, try to maintain regular bowel movement. I also read that our diets contain so much acidity. Try to eat foods that are alkaline. It could be something as simple as an apple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->