worst heartburn ever..

MrsGards

Reaction score
I've taken the maximum dose of gaviscon advanced (prescription stuff), drunk so much milk I genuinely feel like I can't drink any more and now I'm starting on the Rennie.. what else can I do as I can't sleep its so bad :-(

Tums
Mint tea
Bananas
Warm water with lemon

Zantac

Prescription Losec

my dr told me to take pepcid ac and that has helped a lot!

Almonds apparently help. When I get really bad indigestion I prop myself up on the sofa and sleep like that. Eventually I get sooo tired that not even the searing pain in my back and chest keeps me up.

Get checked for galstones! My last pregnancy my dr just kept upping my meds till one day I couldn't take the pain anymore went to the hospital. When I went in ffor surgery they said mostly moms have gallstones

Went threw my pregnancy and like 5 mo of it

Ugh I feel you. I've been waking up at night with acid burning my throat, I almost throw up. It's terrible. I've been using tums that's it! :(

A friend of mine said an old remedy works: 1 tsp of baking soda chased by 8 oz of water. She said it is gross, but works like a charm! My heartburn has been bad, but seems to go away with antacids or milk. Guess you could try the baking soda if you are desperate :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->