Worst sinus gook ever. Help?!

2ndHeartbeat

Jason 2y;Expecting again!
Reaction score
For the last day or so I've been coming down with a massive I guess sinus infection or somethin of the sort. Last night it got so bad I simply couldn't breathe, and breathing through my mouth didn't feel like I was getting enough oxygen. Had to send OH out to get that nasal spray (non medicated stuff) and it didn't help. I finally got to sleep and such, but I'm just as miserable this morning. My OB clinic isn't open on Saturdays I don't think, so I dont know if I can call any of my doctors. I've read all over the net that Sudafed is okay to take... is that correct? I'm having a perfectly healthy normal pregnancy if that helps, no issues at all.

Anyone else take Sudafed? Or anyone know of anything else I'd be allowed to take?

Steam is very good, do you have vicks vaporub over there? if so put a couple of teaspoons in a bowl of very hot water and get a towel and put your head over the steam and (try to) breathe it in.

Steam is very good, do you have vicks vaporub over there? if so put a couple of teaspoons in a bowl of very hot water and get a towel and put your head over the steam and (try to) breathe it in.

Thats exactly what I was going to suggest. In the past before being pg I've also found that standing on my head helped to shift the gunk and then I could blow it out. Obviously being pg I can;t stand on my head, so I lie with my head off the sofa and my legs up the back.

I'm in the same boat as you! I've tried the saline spray, but there's too much gunk to do anything. Poor DH was waking me up last night because I was breathing funny. I tried a hot shower, sat on the side of the tub for 20 minutes just to sit in steam, but that did nothing. Right now, I would do completely unnatural things to have a Tylenol Cold and Flu tablet!!!!

I'm the same, I feel absolutely awful! I've just been out and bought Lemsips and Vicks. I haven't been sick for years either, and now I can't take anything other than paracetamol I feel like I'm dying! :dohh:

Hi there I feel your pain. Been going through something very similar. What has helped me is LOTS of water & sleeping with a humidifier and also sleeping propped up and with no heater running (this can make it worse) But I finally HAD to break down and use something. I chose to use Afrin nasal Spray...OMG INSTANT relief, I could breathe again!!! And my mw said it is fine, so long as you don't abuse it. And they are all about natural no med pregnancies. She said it was better to use something OTC ie: afrin, sudafed etc than to get an actual sinus infection and have to take antibiotics. If your drainage is NOT clear then you may already have an infection. Hope you feel better soon, I know EXACTLY how you feel.

If you have central heating, then try putting a bowl of water near the radiator to evaporate overnight so that the air is not so dry.

I tried the steam thing, couldn't inhale anything well enough I guess. I did call my OB clinic's after hours number and asked whoever it was that answered what I could take. Was told I could take Sudafed, Actifed, Robitussin and Tylenol for a fever (don't have one tho) so I have been and it's been great to me lol XD

Scary thing about the drainage not being clear? Mine is very yellow... is that bad? That's infection, right? I've been sure to get extra Vitamin C (drinking orange juice, eating fruits) so that my body can fight it off. I guess... I really don't wanna go to the hospital or something :(

I've had chronic sinus infections for a long time, and when they get like yours (yellow of green) the only way I can get rid of it is to go on a course of antibiotics. I'm actually going through this right now too :( i have to go see my dr. tomorrow to see if I can take some while pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->