Worst Tests EVER!!! New Tests PG15!

I've had quite a few CP's and always with me I'd get a faint but definite line later around 11 to 14 dpo that quickly faded to negative over a short period and AF would be delayed, you've had lines for so long its hard to know what's going on, so frustrating for you:( xxxx

This is my test from my last cp, my camera is rubbish but i hope you can see the bottom test, top one was barely there in the morning then got the positives in the evening , they were faint again by the next day then neg that evening xx

Attachments

• IMG_20160214_010628_hdr_kindlephoto-62840764.jpg
    IMG_20160214_010628_hdr_kindlephoto-62840764.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 30
I just read through this all and I totally understand. Last cycle I tested with FRER and one CB Digi. All my frers gave me shadows. They are the old design as I live in Canada and we don't have the new bent ones. I used to trust frer but every test had a hint of a something. and I also was getting every physical symptom I had with my previous bfp that I was convinced it was something. But af came right on time. I'm now convinced to not test until af is late.

AF was due at some point between Saturday-Monday, I'm not regular but that's usually when they appear lol so I'm technically late but that goes for nothing. I think I've just had some dodgy tests. I've had 2 previous losses, and it always irritates me when you see people of here get a few faint shadows then declare a chemical. Imo, if it's not a definitive bfp then you're not pregnant lol with my first I only ever got vvfaint lines, but I never knew half the stuff I do now. So it ended with a missed miscarriage at 13 weeks :( my 2nd loss was similar, v faint lines for weeks and ended in mc at 7 weeks, but I knew that was going to happen. I have no symptoms at all of pregnancy or AF arriving. So I'm wondering if I'm going to miss a cycle...maybe I never even ovulated lol X

AF was due at some point between Saturday-Monday, I'm not regular but that's usually when they appear lol so I'm technically late but that goes for nothing. I think I've just had some dodgy tests. I've had 2 previous losses, and it always irritates me when you see people of here get a few faint shadows then declare a chemical. Imo, if it's not a definitive bfp then you're not pregnant lol with my first I only ever got vvfaint lines, but I never knew half the stuff I do now. So it ended with a missed miscarriage at 13 weeks :( my 2nd loss was similar, v faint lines for weeks and ended in mc at 7 weeks, but I knew that was going to happen. I have no symptoms at all of pregnancy or AF arriving. So I'm wondering if I'm going to miss a cycle...maybe I never even ovulated lol X

Totally agree :hugs:

Hope that didn't mean me!:) was a very definite bfp on 5 tests, not ICS, i don't use them anymore, these are Freedom strips 99% accurate, also my AF is always delayed with a cp up to a week, so that's how I know its a cp, these freedom strips never give positives unless pregnant they're really good:) anyway really hoping you get an answer soon love x

Hope that didn't mean me!:) was a very definite bfp on 5 tests, not ICS, i don't use them anymore, these are Freedom strips 99% accurate, also my AF is always delayed with a cp up to a week, so that's how I know its a cp, these freedom strips never give positives unless pregnant they're really good:) anyway really hoping you get an answer soon love x

No no no, it was in no way aimed at you. I was meaning how my tests haven't being anything definitive so I would never claim a chemical pregnancy and it bug me when I see people with tests like mine have been and then going on to declare a chemical. Please please please don't think I meant you, I'm so sorry if it came across like that. I wasn't thinking when I wrote that, just started ranting lol X

No no no, it was in no way aimed at you. I was meaning how my tests haven't being anything definitive so I would never claim a chemical pregnancy and it bug me when I see people with tests like mine have been and then going on to declare a chemical. Please please please don't think I meant you, I'm so sorry if it came across like that. I wasn't thinking when I wrote that, just started ranting lol X

Lol that's OK love it was only cause it was just after I posted the pic and it kinda read like that, phew, good, my age (44) means I'm gunna have more cp and losses according to my doc as my eggs are no good anymore really, so he says anyway:( just hoping there is a golden one in there still somewhere! Xxx

Ah Ok, Im sorry, I really dont get the concept at all of a chemical pregnancy

I see a line there be fainter than other days. Could it be what ppl refer to as a chemical ?

Even a chemical would show a definitive positive before eventually getting lighter. That's not the case here.

Hugs Tiny but I still don't see anything on your tests. When is your AF due?

a chemical pregnancy is when egg is fertilized and attaches but it isn't viable at all and never really develops into anything. It produces hcg but basically enough to show a positive on a test if you are testing early. Most chemicals result in af being late by only a few days.

some would say my miscarriage was a chemical as my bleeding started only 4 days after af was due. But because I tested early I knew I was pregnant before most women find out. If I hadn't tested..and hadn't been ttc...I would have just thought my period was late. never knowing I was pregnant. except for possibly my bleed time which was 2 weeks. But I have pcos and it isn't unheard of for me to have long periods (I once bled for nearly a year with only small stops throughout the 12 months).

I think some women want a chemical (in a weird way) because it means they can get pregnant. While ideally we want a happy and healthy 9 months a chemical means something is working..at least they are ovulating. and when you are trying for so long something can be better than nothing at all. And a shadow on a test means something. It's hope really. Other women think the opposite. Being glad they never get pregnant than have to suffer with 1 or multiple miscarriages.

But I would much rather they make the tests more reliable. It's 2016 already. Although this technology is fairly new. My mom (in her late 50's), had no idea how to read the FRER when I showed her the test. lol So really it's within my lifetime they developed it for home use. and I'm 38.

A chemical pregnancy actually doesn't mean you can or will get pregnant. All it means it that your body had some small level of HCG That's it. It never produced an embryo so therefore no pregnancy.

A chemical pregnancy is a pregnancy in which the woman tests positive for pregnancy but miscarries before anything can be seen in the uterus on ultrasound. Therefore the only evidence that she was ever pregnant is the chemical reaction that caused the pregnancy test to turn positive.

this seems to be the definition I have found when googling the term. So yes, you are pregnant.

A biochemical pregnancy is not the same as a clinical pregnancy. The positive on an HCG test when it's a chemical is from the chemical reaction your body has to the attempt at implantation into the uterine lining. The production if HCG does not mean you are pregnant, it means that the body is preparing the lining to support a pregnancy. Different. Pregnancy test detect the presence of the hormone, not the actual 'pregnancy'. If that makes sense. Above I was saying that a chemical pregnancy doesn't mean that you'll be able to have a viable pregnancy. It simply means that there was an attempt to implant and begin a viable pregnancy. Medical jargon gets confusing. So sorry if I'm not explaining it correctly.

A chemical pregnancy is a pregnancy in which the woman tests positive for pregnancy but miscarries before anything can be seen in the uterus on ultrasound. Therefore the only evidence that she was ever pregnant is the chemical reaction that caused the pregnancy test to turn positive.

this seems to be the definition I have found when googling the term. So yes, you are pregnant.

Yes exactly this:)

Heres hoping it never happens to us ladies

When is rhe risk of a chemical pregnancy over - how many weeks?

All my chemicals have been before 5 weeks, one was 5 weeks one day but usually its pretty early on x

Chemicals are just very early miscarriages. as I said above, before anything can be shown on an ultrasound. Ultrasounds usually pick something up around week 6 or 7. At the bare min a fetal pole but usually around week 7 you can see the heartbeat.

By my research a chemical pregnancy is just a misnomer. You are still pregnant. they are still classified as miscarriages. Just early ones before you had a chance to get an ultrasound.

I was 5 weeks and 4 days when I miscarried. by the length of my cycle I was only 4 days past af and when I got an ultrasound done they saw no sign of a pregnancy and so they thought that I had passed everything already. (but I had only just started spotting when I went to the hospital) But there likely wasn't much of anything to pass at that point as I was only just over 5 weeks. but my regular doctor and my fertility doctor both said i was pregnant. so while it could be classified as a chemical I don't like that term. I was pregnant and I lost a baby.

There really is no time that is "safe." A miscarriage can happen at 5 weeks or 20. Usually they say the risk lessens once you are out of the first trimester. but my cousin in law lost one of her twins at 38 weeks. You just never know. Your best thing to do is revel and glow with every day you get to be pregnant and try not to stress about the possibility.

Hey! Sorry not been on here for a week, been really not well. AF arrived late on Friday and I was doubled over in agony with it. Had to go to the doctor who has now taken loads of bloods and thinks there may be a problem :( get all the results in 2 weeks time (my surgery takes ages) hope everything is going well with everyone :) X

Oh tiny sorry to hear that. I missed u. What did your doc test for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->