Worst Wedding Gift

twinkle1975

Reaction score
Following on from the best wedding gift thread - has anyone ever had any really awful gifts?

When I got married the first time we were given a hideous Caithness Glass Vase with a Panda etched on it & swirly coloured glass in the bottom that made it look like someone had vommed in it!!

It was so awful it became a joke amongst my group of friends & was wrapped up & passed on everytime someone got married.

Of course, when I got married again.....

I got given some off body products like shower gel etc. it had been in the basket it was given to me for so long it had mould growing on it and the products inside had started seperating. The person that had given us it was my DH's uncle who has problems to say the least.

:haha: that's hilarious!!

We told everyone rather than give us gifts to donate to macmillan nurses instead as they looked after my mum but we still got a coffee percolator :lol:

Hee hee. I got a photo frame that was all bashed from pound land

We got a horrendous cut glass animal ornament with a brass clock face in the middle. It was a nice thought of the sender since she lives abroad and couldn't make it to the wedding, but it did look hideous! As it happened it had broken in transit - no seriously it had! - so I could throw it away guilt free (well almost guilt free since I suppose I could've tried glue..).

I got my Mother-in-law, didnt even come with a receipt!

:haha: nibblenic.. I got one of those too! Too bad it's not exchangeable too! :dohh:

A wall plate with little rat like things from distant family in Australia. They're noctural so have huge eyes that follow you round the room. It's hidden behind a photo frame on our book case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->