wot to use for sore bum with cloth??

sleeping bubs

1 son and 3 angels
Reaction score
i hve a toddler who is teething and having horrible poos currently not using flushable liners using fleece liners. He has a really sore bum and is bleeding wot can i use on his bum which is ok with cloth or shall i use sudocream with disposables??

I've seen a lot of people advocate using a solution of brewed and cooled chamomile tea.

I often use this method as a facial steamer (not cooled though obviously lol) and it's always soothed any red spots too, it's fab stuff.

Chamomile and honey tea. Soak the liner in it and lay that in his nappy.

Extra stuff - give him a good swish about in some olive oil and water in the bath in the morning if you can to make sure he's properly clear of toxic wee. Also, make sure he's dried off after each change and use a barrier cream, whatever works for you

I tend to use a disposable liner on top of a fleece liner. In the past if the rash has been bad I've soaked the disposable liner in camomile tea and laid it (still damp) in the nappy. It does help, to a point, though I sometimes just have to bite the bullet and give her a day in disposables to get a rash cleared up. In terms of cream, I swear by CJ's BUTTer. It's save to use with cloth nappies, and is absolutely fantastic. I actually used it on my face today - I've taken some kind of mad allergic reaction to my normal skincare routine (it happened in my last pregnancy too) and the BUTTer stopped the itch and stopped my skin feeling so tight. I'll probably reapply it before bed as I can feel the tingle starting again, but that has lasted all day.

I'm a big BUTTer fan too. You can get small sample tubs for only a pound or so; go for the unscented stuff if LO is already sore. You can use other creams but use only a tiny bit and only with liners, to avoid clogging up the cloth.

I may get shot for this but I use sudocreme with a disposable liner (and then chuck/flush definitely do not wash and reuse if has been in contact with sudocreme). However, I have never tried BUTTer or the camomile tea methods. DD also gets a bad rash if she is having difficulty with a tooth, must remember to try these other methods!

We've just started using CJ's BUTTer Spritz and it's amaaaazing! :thumbup:

Before that we used sudocrem and a flushable liner.

I use angel baby earth mama diaper balm which is supposed to be cloth friendly. A little goes a long way and I haven't had any issues with build up! HTH!

CJ's BUTTer as *amazing*!! Safe for nappies and smells delicious too

thanks everyone guess I need to find some CJ's butter!!

How are you Lottie and the little ones sending hugs

https://www.babybots.co.uk/cjs_butter_original.htm

I would go with unscented for a bum that's already sore.

aloe gel is really good for it, I would suggest mixing up your own nappy ointment really!

here are some good recipes I've found online

recipe 1
Ingredients:

1 cup calendula oil
1 oz beeswax or hydrogenated jojoba MP 56
1 oz mango butter
8 drops of lavender essential oil
1/4 lavender glimmer mica

Instructions:

Heat calendula oil, beeswax and butter until melted. Mix the mica into the essential oil until it has no clumps. Stir the colored lavender oil to the slightly cooled oil/butter mixture and pour into jars or deodorant containers. Apply to baby's bottom in between diaper changes. Also great for cheeks and drool drenched chins!

Recipe 2

Ingredients:

16 oz Sweet Almond Oil
8 oz Shea Butter
8 oz Jojoba Oil
4.5 oz Virgin Coconut Oil
4.5 oz Beeswax
2 Drops Calendula Absolute

Instructions:

Mix oils, butter and beeswax together in double boiler until wax and butter is melted. Then add the Calendula and stir. Add 1% Tea Tree, Lavender and Chamomile essential oils (combined volume). Pour into jars.

Vegan option
Ingredients:

1oz shea butter
1/2 oz. sweet almond oil
1/2 oz. rice bran oil

Instructions:

Melt shea butter and add remaining oils. When slightly cool, whip with mixer or hand blender until smooth and well-incorporated. I use it unscented, but a small amount of lavender eo (1-2 drops) can be added for scent and antibacterial properties.

Aloe option

* 1/2 cup Aloe Vera gel (store bought or fresh. If using the fresh stuff, use a blender or food processor to liquify)
* 2 cups Water, boiled and cooled to room temperature
* 2 tablespoons baby oil (substitute tea tree oil if fungal infection is a problem. Olive, almond, or vitamin E oil also make good substitutions)
* 2 tablespoons gentle soap or baby shampoo (optional)

Mix ingredients together or shake up in a container with a lid and store in a spray bottle. When you’re ready to use it, just spray it on the cloth/paper sheets, moistened with warm water. Aloe is quickly absorbed by the skin and you should notice changes in swelling, redness, and discomfort within a few applications. Most rashes will take no more than a few days to heal.

I hope this helps :thumbup::flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->