• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would Doctor have repaired Diastasis Recti without asking?

ladysarcasma

Reaction score
I know I had a problem with Diastasis Recti after my first EMCS 5 years ago. You could actually see the separation in my belly and the flab off to the sides of it. Yuck. But I didn't want surgery and didn't know how else to repair it, so I just lived with it.

I've noticed, though, that since my repeat c-section, I am healing quite differently than the first time. The skin that had sagged together in the middle of my belly before this pregnancy is now un-sagged, I feel like I have muscle control in my lower belly again, and I actually have feeling down there unlike the first time when it took 4 years to get back the feeling after surgery.

Would the doctor have repaired the problem during surgery without saying anything about it? Do they generally put stitches in the muscle after a c-section? My first was a major emergency during which I bled and needed a transfusion so I'm sure they didn't take their time to worry about my muscles. Any thoughts?

Came across your post while having a little browse from WTT! I used to work in the operating theatre, so not talking from personal experience. But I am almost certain it is normal procedure to stitch the muscle layer back together, as you said, it probably wasn't a priority during your previous section :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->