Would it be better for me NOT to be pregnant now??

Nat0619

Mummy :-)
Reaction score
I've just been offered a job today! Was made redundant end of June. Really pleased. Got two more interviews today and tomorrow so, who knows, may have more than one to choose from soon!

Has anyone on here ever got pregnant very soon after starting a new job? I am not pregnant yet (as far as I know this month anyway, AF due early next week). But do not want to stop ttc as can't afford to waste time. But what if I do fall preg soon now, will it look bad to new employers?? x

Just go for it you don't know when you're going to get preggers and if you do get preggers early into the job you'll be too delighted to care!
I'm applying for a new job as well as ttc
don't worry about it xx

Life revolves around pregnancy

Just carry on - enjoy the new job...and have a stress free time of TTC xxx

Thanks very much ladies. You're absolutely right. At least that part of my life is sorted (job), just need a BFP now, hopefully pretty soon :happydance: x

Hi

I found out I was pregnant the day before I was due to start my new job. Although I didn't legally have to I decided to call my employers straight away and tell them (I think I was secretly hoping that they might withdraw the offer, although they are not allowed to legally... they didn't!)

They weren't exactly jumping for joy but they did respect my honesty and even gave me a booklet with my maternity rights during my induction day for forward planning.

Unfortunately I mc'd 3 weeks later and they were brilliant in allowing me time off, sending flowers and cards and offering counselling.

I would always follow the route of honesty but then I'm quite an anxious person and wouldn't be able to keep it a secret for however many weeks it is until you are obliged legally to tell your employer, also it would be more difficult if they didn't know to have time off for scans, appointments, morning sickness etc.

Good luck whatever you choose to do!

same for me. I had the interview, got the job but then had a delay in actually staring as they needed to do a medical and security checks. I found out I was pregnant on the Wed and was due to start the following Monday. I called my boss on the friday to check I was still to start as I hadn't received my contract and he said yes, then went on to inform me that 2 of my staff were off sick with suspected swine flu!!!! I was horrified but at only 6 weeks pregnant didn't want to tell anyone at the time. I didn't say anything but went onto have a MMC diagnosed at the 12 weeks scan. I remember it was a Friday and I had to email my boss to say I wouldn't be in on Monday as, unbeknowst to him, I had been pregnant and was going in to have a D&C so wouldn't be in for some time.... then I had a holiday booked.

I started on 6th Oct, left the office on 20th Nov and didn't go back in again until 14th Dec and he was fine about it. These things happen.

Hi

I found out I was pregnant the day before I was due to start my new job. Although I didn't legally have to I decided to call my employers straight away and tell them (I think I was secretly hoping that they might withdraw the offer, although they are not allowed to legally... they didn't!)

They weren't exactly jumping for joy but they did respect my honesty and even gave me a booklet with my maternity rights during my induction day for forward planning.

Unfortunately I mc'd 3 weeks later and they were brilliant in allowing me time off, sending flowers and cards and offering counselling.

I would always follow the route of honesty but then I'm quite an anxious person and wouldn't be able to keep it a secret for however many weeks it is until you are obliged legally to tell your employer, also it would be more difficult if they didn't know to have time off for scans, appointments, morning sickness etc.

Good luck whatever you choose to do!

Thanks so much for these responses ladies, they've really helped :kiss:

I think I would be honest too MinnieMone and would tell them if I, by any chance, did discover I was preg before starting the new job. Agree it is probably better and you are right about it being easier to have time off etc.

I am likely to have a bit of a delay before starting the job as they need to get a CRB check on me and finalise details such as days of work (its part-time, 3 days a week) and hours of working.

I just had the thought that it would be typical that I WOULD fall pregnant now so it was awkward with the job situation. But, of course, like Sukisam says, I would be sooo delighted if I was that I'm sure I wouldn't care that much! x

See I always worry about maternity benefits. I'm looking for a new job now and have put off TTC !again!:cry:

We starting TTC right before I got laid off... not the best timing, but decided to keep trying.

I'm now employed Full Time and have good maternity leave benefits... so I just gotta get prego! lol.

All will work out in the end :)

In the end, it is better to tell because your employer is going to be acting innapropriately at the announcement of a pregnancy, it is likely they would continue afterwards and make life very difficult. I applied for my 'dream' job when my baby was only 3 months old. People told me not say anything at interview because it could go against me, but the way I looked at it is that if it was indeed a problem for them, it would become a problem for me (my partner was working away so would be the one needing to take time off, leave earlier if required etc...). I was offered the job to my suprise (as didn't have much experience) and my boss was wonderful about the fact I was a mum of two young children (I guess it helped that he had 4 himself, the two the same age than my boy, they ended up in the same class at school). If I hadn't got the job because of this, it would most likely not have worked out for me anyway. Not that I took a lot of time off because of the children, but I was allowed to be flexible about my hours, go part-time for a whilst and then back to full-time, work from home if a child was poorly and take time off to go to their school plays etc... Just the fact I knew I could made me so much more relaxed and therefore more focussed on the job.

Seoj, that's same as me, we'd only been ttc for a couple of months when I was made redundant. But at age 36 already, I feel I don't have the luxury of 'putting it off' so we've carried on. I guess now at least I have a new job to go to.

Don't reckon I'm preg this month anyway, not got any 'feelings' of anything. Had weird 'heaviness' in lower tummy since about 2dpo and that is still there on and off but no other real symptoms except maybe bit of tiredness past few days.

Good luck ladies and thanks for all your replies :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->