Would it be ok to use vitex

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
I don't ovulate I have saw the fertility clinic twice now and confirmed that's the problem but I have to lose 3.5stone before I'm allowed to get clomid and am currently 12lbs down, i have issues where I spot for long periods i bled/spotted 32 days out of a 38 day cycle last month and my cycles are usually 40-50 days long.

I'm starting provera tomorrow to hopefully fully shed my lining and stop the long periods of spotting and I was wondering if it would be a bad thing to try vitex in the meantime?

Also is this one ok to use and how many mg?

Attachments

• IMG_8662.JPG
    IMG_8662.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 3
I'm not sure if it's ok, but I can't see a reason why not. It's used to help balance hormones and support the reproductive system. 1000mg a day is recommended.

I don't know about mixing it with prescriptions, they may counter eachother out or something.

I'm on vitex. You should wait until you've finished the provera and induced a bleed first. Vitex works to correct your hormones. It can't correct them if you're taking a medication to force something to happen. So best to wait until you've stopped bleeding if you want to take it.

Ahh yeah I did mean after I had taken the provera and I would only take it to see if it helped me ovulate until I start clomid in June.

Are your cycles in any way regular? If you don't ovulate on your own and your cycles aren't regular vitex may help. I used it to conceive dd. It ended a super long 100+ day cycle. Brought on af. I ovulated cd20 the next cycle and conceived. I tried it again back in late spring of 2016 and it didn't work. I used inositol. Which works great. I added vitex back in last month to try and help with some low progesterone symptoms I'm having since I don't need it to regulate as inositol is doing that now.

But it did work for me in the past and has worked for many many women.

My last 3 cycles have been 48, 56 and the latest 38 days long and all the ones before that were 50-90 days. I'm currently cd 23 but I haven't ovulated in months so im starting provera tomorrow as the dr at the clinic thinks I have a problem shedding my lining causing lots of spotting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->