Would it be ok to use vitex

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
I don't ovulate I have saw the fertility clinic twice now and confirmed that's the problem but I have to lose 3.5stone before I'm allowed to get clomid and am currently 12lbs down, i have issues where I spot for long periods i bled/spotted 32 days out of a 38 day cycle last month and my cycles are usually 40-50 days long.

I'm starting provera tomorrow to hopefully fully shed my lining and stop the long periods of spotting and I was wondering if it would be a bad thing to try vitex in the meantime?

Also is this one ok to use and how many mg?

Attachments

• IMG_8662.JPG
    IMG_8662.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 3
I'm not sure if it's ok, but I can't see a reason why not. It's used to help balance hormones and support the reproductive system. 1000mg a day is recommended.

I don't know about mixing it with prescriptions, they may counter eachother out or something.

I'm on vitex. You should wait until you've finished the provera and induced a bleed first. Vitex works to correct your hormones. It can't correct them if you're taking a medication to force something to happen. So best to wait until you've stopped bleeding if you want to take it.

Ahh yeah I did mean after I had taken the provera and I would only take it to see if it helped me ovulate until I start clomid in June.

Are your cycles in any way regular? If you don't ovulate on your own and your cycles aren't regular vitex may help. I used it to conceive dd. It ended a super long 100+ day cycle. Brought on af. I ovulated cd20 the next cycle and conceived. I tried it again back in late spring of 2016 and it didn't work. I used inositol. Which works great. I added vitex back in last month to try and help with some low progesterone symptoms I'm having since I don't need it to regulate as inositol is doing that now.

But it did work for me in the past and has worked for many many women.

My last 3 cycles have been 48, 56 and the latest 38 days long and all the ones before that were 50-90 days. I'm currently cd 23 but I haven't ovulated in months so im starting provera tomorrow as the dr at the clinic thinks I have a problem shedding my lining causing lots of spotting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->