Would it be silly to have an Evie and an Ivy??

MUMOF5

Now a mum of 6!
Reaction score
About to start ttc very soon (after my reversal op), was a dead cert on my names for last couple of years, but from feedback on here and after further thought none of them are really suitable, particularly with our surname 😠

I have an Evie, is Ivy too similar? I've always really liked it, Violet too, but that's a no no as dh has a nasty aunt with this name and can't get over associating the name with her.

Our new short list is:

Maybe Ivy?
Ava (bit too popular?)
Cora
Norah
Constance (Connie) - dh family have just done a family tree and it turns out this was a name that was used a few times in late 1800's and early 1900's , so quite liking the family link.

Thanks x

I think it sounds lovely together, I also love Cora and Norah. x

It would be a bit similar for me personally but I don't see a problem with it if you like it. Love Cora and Constance!

It's not something I would do personally because it sounds too similar for my liking.

From your list I really like Norah and absolutely adore Constance.

If you only had 2 children I would say it sounds a bit silly but I think when you've got 5 and you list them out it isnt even be noticeable. But that said I love all the other names on your list, I'd probably pick one of them as they're all so pretty.

I'm not sure. I love the name Ivy but they are very similar. But I guess like MarineWag said you don't just have two kids so it wouldn't be that obvious. I adore the name Cora, how about Cora Ivy?

I'm not sure. I love the name Ivy but they are very similar. But I guess like MarineWag said you don't just have two kids so it wouldn't be that obvious. I adore the name Cora, how about Cora Ivy?

Ooh I like that a lot :)

We were going to use family names as a middle name, either Lilliana (or a variant), Iris or Joy, but none them seem to fit very well with the first names, but I like your suggestion, thanks x

I believe there's someone here on BnB that has an Evelyn and Ivy? I think they're both stunning and go awesomely together!!

I LOVE Ava Lilliana! Cora Ivy is super cute too!

I think Evie & Ivy are ok together if you love it!

I think Coraline would be an adorable alternative to Cora :) Coraline Ivy, I like the sound of that :D

I believe there's someone here on BnB that has an Evelyn and Ivy? I think they're both stunning and go awesomely together!!

I think there is too

Also Evelyn Ivy was our second choice for our little girls name. I think they're beautiful, so if you like it then go for it

I think Ivy Lilliana sounds beautiful together. x

I think there is too

Also Evelyn Ivy was our second choice for our little girls name. I think they're beautiful, so if you like it then go for it

I think Ivy Lilliana sounds beautiful together. x

Lhancock has an Evelyn and Ivy :thumbup:

Thank you everyone, unfortunately dh is dead against Norah and Cora - Norah reminds him of Nora Batty and Cora reminds him of a rude word for a willy 😉, so looks like our short list is Constance (Connie), Ava and Ivy, thankfully he is in agreement with all of these 😀

Thank you everyone, unfortunately dh is dead against Norah and Cora - Norah reminds him of Nora Batty and Cora reminds him of a rude word for a willy 😉, so looks like our short list is Constance (Connie), Ava and Ivy, thankfully he is in agreement with all of these 😀

In this case, I would go with Constance (Connie), simply because, whilst both are beautiful names, Ava and Ivy would be too similar to Evie for me. But that's me. Really, what matters is that you love it.

Thank you, I'm starting to thinking the same. I had a couple of comments before about Phoebe being too similar to Evie, but I think Ivy is even more so.....maybe I can try to convince dh to change his mind about Norah or Cora (unlikely 😠) x

I think we have similar tastes in names, I love all of them!

Cora Ivy is completely gorgeous this would be my first pick

On our short list we also had Lily, Martha, Evelyn, Mabel, Bella, Ava and Ivy!

It is very similar, and I would avoid it (but that's just me!) I prefer Ava with Evie.

BTW Cora is such a beautiful name. I love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->