Would it bother you if DH.......

pushmug7

Reaction score
well we have one 4 yr old , that could sometimes be a handful.. ask too many questions scream , hit,bite, jump on our heads "the usual" anyway DH is great with her but most of the time CANT stand the tantrums , shes just a 4 yr old we cant expect her to be quite the whole time right!!!!!!!! :shrug:

dont mind me im just venting...now im not talking to him and i feel i dont wanna try for number 2 anymore :cry:
what would u do??

Sorry I don't understand what ur asking?
If ur asking if ur 4 year olds tantrums shud stop u having another then I wud say no. But I don't no what ur question about dh is

First of all not talking to him is nt going to solve anything. It wil probably make things worse. If its a discipline issue that you don't agree with you both need to take time to sit down and talk privately about this when you're both calm. Compromise may be needed.
Otherwise what was your question about dh? If it wasn't the discipline differences then I'm not sure what else you were asking.
And my personal opinion is that a 4 year old should know better and generally be better behaved.

I think I get your question... What would we do if ttc number 2 but had a loud shouty 4 year old?

I'm not the best person to answer as I'm not yet a mum :-( but I wouldn't let one child put me of frying for number . Each person has their patience tested by every child! It's a way of child behaviour to see what your limits are and how much they can get away with. This is true of a number of my friends children and mentally disabled adults that I care for (my job).

A suggestion from me would be to sit with your husband and discuss discipline that you both agree to. Mainly so that your little girl won't clock on that one parent is softer than the other. Work together on teaching her that it isn't appropriate to throw tantrums. Implement a reward system with stickers perhaps?

No child is the same. So your number 2 could be completely different. Don't forget, you have had the experience with your first, so you can learn from your mistakes with your second.

If you are both ready, feel mature enough to accept a second responsibility then I say go for it BUT don't forget your original miracle!

im a little mad at DH because i feel he gets too irritated from DD very quickly ... and that makes me feel another baby would be too much to handle ...
im just feeling a little bit like a failure .

Ahhh I get it. It's a resistance issue. As in he hasn't built up a tolerance because he's not around her all day (I'm assuming). Try to empathize with him and reassure him that lots of times these actions are a phase. If he gets really worked up at her it may make it worse as she may act out in response to his negativity.

Worry this.. My daughter isn't OHs so its bit different... But when she tests me (not often) I worry like hell think I couldn't cope with another or he'll think god I dont want a child after that... Try not to worry each child has their moments where they push you to the limit
.. Some parents handle it better then others..
shorter fuses... xx

thanx for posting replies. DH is going through a rough time at work too so i guess that has something to do with, we just had a long talk and everything is fine and ttc november is still on but hope everything stays stable at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->