Would it put you off?

Torz

Mummy to 2 DS & pregnant
Reaction score
I've loved the name Alexandria since I had my first. If he had been a girl it's what he would have been called.

Then I had my second I had another boy so once again I saved the he name knowing we would be having a 3rd.

So now I'm pregnant with my 3rd & last & because it truly is my last I'm using the name. Obviously if it's a boy it will be Alexander & a girl Alexandria.

The thing is my second son is named Alister which is the Gallic form of Alexander, but with anglicised spelling.

Would this put you off using it with it basically being the same name in different form & has the same meaning?

I think I'd be OK with it. I know someone who has a William and a Liam and although my first thought was about how Liam is a derivative of William, I didn't think anything of it after that, and it's a similar situation to Alexander/Alistair.

It wouldnt put me off if I loved it that much :flower:

No, don't let it put you off! Love the name Alexander xxx :winkwink:

No it wouldn't put me off, I'm sure most people won't even realise either, I wouldn't have :)

It would me. I love Katherine but I won't use it because I have a Caitlyn. Maybe I'm just really picky though x

Other than then both beginning with a A, I don't see them as even being similar. I know what u mean about the meaning but I think alister and Alexander r totally different xx

Not even a little. They sound good together.

Thank you everyone.

It never bothered me until I posted a response to someone else's thread & I started having doubts. But I love the name so much. I never intended all my kids to have names beginning with AL lol, it's just kind of happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->