would like to introduce myself :)

sally88

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I am 26, have been trying for a baby with my husband for three years and sadly had three early miscarriages.
We have been accepted for ivf by the nhs... I feeling very lycky but for some reason very nervous and scared too!!! I dont mean this to sound ungrateful but I somehow feel like a have let myself and hubby down not being able to do this myself, does that make sense??
So I guess my journey officially begins today.... We are going to a seminar this evening at our fertility clinic to find out all about ivf and what to expect and we meet our consultant in Monday 12th to get started.
Well that's me, all the best to all of us xxx

Hi Sally
It's normal to feel scared & nervous, I am on my first IVF cycle and still feel that way. I also felt as if something must be wrong with us, as we couldn't even get pregnant when all our friends & relatives seemed to be just popping kids out left right & centre! Forums like this are great for support, I have learned so much and realise that I'm not a freak, lots of couples are going through the exact same thing. There is another more uk based one called fertility friends that I use a lot too.
Good luck for your first cycle xxx

Hey Sally!! I'm also 26 and have also been trying to conceive for 3 years I have a child from a previous relationship who is 8! But after investigations and results found that we both had combined fertility issues that IVF would be our best choice I've recently completed ivf/ICSI egg transfer two beautiful embryos last Wednesday, and now I'm in the dreaded tww!! I understand how u feel and how nervous u must be as I was too u can't advice u because everyone's experience is different but mine was pleasant and exciting I enjoyed the whole process as I found it a positive experience overall! You will find so much support here too it's amazing! Lovely to meet u

Hi Sally, I am also 26. I want to wish you all the best with your cycle and there will always be plenty of people here to give advice and support through the good and not so great times. Infertility is definitely a roller coaster of emotions even before you get to this stage, just know you are not alone and feel free to ask anything here :hugs: :dust:

Thanks for taking the time to reply ladies... I went to the patient information evening at my clinic last night....so much to take in!!!
I was a bit sad to hear that ivf would help as hubby has low sperm count but my chance of having another miscarriage would still be the same... Guess I have to try and put that to the back of my mind and take each day as it comes. Will quiz my consultant when I see him Monday xx

It is a lot to take on and it all seems so overwhelming but as soon as you get started it's not that scary and everything goes by reasonably quickly (except the 2ww)
I'm sorry about the down side to your situation, I hope it all works out in the end.
Good luck with the consultant Monday, I look forward to hearing when you can get started :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->