would love your advice ...should I go on clomid next month or wait

Sarah you're exactly like me! So i'm not a complete nut-job!! :wacko::haha::happydance:

And thanks Velo... nice to know we're all in the same boat.

Never knew you could ovulate twice...tho hello, twins!
Does anyone know how that would look on a chart..ovulating twice i mean???

With fraternal twins there are two eggs released. I don't think you can tell by a chart whether you have ovulated twice or not. I know they say that typically when you release a second egg its within a short time period (24 hours ish) of the first one, but I still say you never know!!

hi velo!
I take it at 8am every month, the alarm goes off and hubby turns it off and I just roll over and put it in my mouth! there was a couple of days I was late and those were marked with the hollow circle on my chart. I dont feel stressed this month, in fact Ive made a lot of lifestyle changes which include less work, and I now have weekly massages and pedicures, and I exercise most days. I will definitely be taking my charts to my FS next time I see her. I was hoping that if I have any hormone imbalance that my charts would show that. So you are saying your chart is similar?

You sound very consistent! I have a bit more variability at what time I wake up. Your lifestyle changes sound fab! You can see my charts from my sig link, I do have some bigger ups and downs in the luteal phase. My TCM said he would like to see it stay up and also to be higher temps overall.

I've scrutinized over a lot of pregnancy charts on FF to get an idea, and while there is a great variation in patterns that can cause pregnancy, mostly the temps rise to a high point and stay relatively high.

Since your coverline is fairly low, and you have some fallbacks, I might ask about your progesterone levels. Were those tested as part of the fertility workup? Did they do a one-day test (typically day 21?) for that or did they do a series of 3 days (that's supposed to be a better indicator) That is something that possibly can be supported by progesterone creams etc. but I wouldn't do anything without a doctor's advice.

Obviously its probably better to wait to analyze until you have the whole picture of the whole cycle though too. Having one dip about a week or so after ovulation is normal, as there can be an estrogen surge then. Some people call it an implantation dip, but this can occur in both pregnancy and non-pregnancy cycles. (I got excited a couple times after the dip to no avail)

hi velo!
I take it at 8am every month, the alarm goes off and hubby turns it off and I just roll over and put it in my mouth! there was a couple of days I was late and those were marked with the hollow circle on my chart. I dont feel stressed this month, in fact Ive made a lot of lifestyle changes which include less work, and I now have weekly massages and pedicures, and I exercise most days. I will definitely be taking my charts to my FS next time I see her. I was hoping that if I have any hormone imbalance that my charts would show that. So you are saying your chart is similar?

You sound very consistent! I have a bit more variability at what time I wake up. Your lifestyle changes sound fab! You can see my charts from my sig link, I do have some bigger ups and downs in the luteal phase. My TCM said he would like to see it stay up and also to be higher temps overall.

I've scrutinized over a lot of pregnancy charts on FF to get an idea, and while there is a great variation in patterns that can cause pregnancy, mostly the temps rise to a high point and stay relatively high.

Since your coverline is fairly low, and you have some fallbacks, I might ask about your progesterone levels. Were those tested as part of the fertility workup? Did they do a one-day test (typically day 21?) for that or did they do a series of 3 days (that's supposed to be a better indicator) That is something that possibly can be supported by progesterone creams etc. but I wouldn't do anything without a doctor's advice.

Obviously its probably better to wait to analyze until you have the whole picture of the whole cycle though too. Having one dip about a week or so after ovulation is normal, as there can be an estrogen surge then. Some people call it an implantation dip, but this can occur in both pregnancy and non-pregnancy cycles. (I got excited a couple times after the dip to no avail)

yes thanks for the info, I will definitely ask. I am going to keep temping for a few months and go and see her. when I was researching I also read about the surges from progesterone and estrogen, and read so many people talking about the implantation dip (which I wouldnt be looking out for, you are right, too unreliable). I didnt have a day 21 or 3 day test, just the ones earlier in the cycle so I wil definitely ask. right now Im pretty calm, taking it easy for a couple of months not getting too stressed. I have the options of further treatment if I want so Im feeling fine about it all.
:thumbup:

heres my chart today, been zig-zaggy but went up a little today. this is my first month charting, from what I understand I need it to go up higher and stay higher right? and that when it drops AF is usually coming the next day. I like that my chart will let me down gently! although Ive read of women having high temps and getting their period and it not dropping till CD2 or 3, so you cant rely on it. oh well, at least I can see I ovulated which is what I wanted.

how is everyone else? Ive been sooo calm this 2ww, I like the new me!! Im totally fine if my period comes, I truly believe it will happen when its supposed to and that its going to happen sometime this year :flower:

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 7
Hi Sarah-

I just did a month of Clomid and have decided to go this month without it. I am not against the medication at all, but I did not like how my body reacted to it; it's a vicious cycle! LOL. I hope all works out for you and if I can answer any questions about the Clomid, feel free to ask.

The higher temps in the past few days look like a good sign. FX for you!

Hi Sarah-

I just did a month of Clomid and have decided to go this month without it. I am not against the medication at all, but I did not like how my body reacted to it; it's a vicious cycle! LOL. I hope all works out for you and if I can answer any questions about the Clomid, feel free to ask.

oh thats interesting to know, please explain how your body reacted to it...heard about side effects but not many people explain it. were you monitored at the same time? I know some people just take it with no monitoring and others are monitoring with ultrasounds to check follicles (thats what I would be doing)

Ive decided to try naturally most of the summer, thanks to all of the replies :flower:

The higher temps in the past few days look like a good sign. FX for you!

thanks velo, I dont tend to get my hopes up anymore as it feels like so many months end up with period and so thats what Im used to. honestly you will have to pick me up from the floor the month it happens for me :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->