Would love your opinion on my weird timeline

SBBaby

Reaction score
Hi! This is our fourth pregnancy and we were swaying for a boy. I am a late ovulator. Usually around day 23. I was temping and know ovulation date. I got a strong positive test 11 days later. In my last pregnancy with #3, she was measuring a little over a week behind which worried me but it ended up being fine and she’s healthy and prefect.
So when I called my doctor to set up my first appt I told them I’m a late ovulator and even made my appt a week later than they would have otherwise to avoid any disappointment of it measuring behind. At that appt I expected to be 8 weeks. I was measuring at just about 7. I was disappointed it happened again.
Here’s the kicker. I ovulated on 10/24; positive test on 11/4. According to that, how is it possible I was measuring 7 weeks on 12/4? The ultrasound tech kept saying late ovulation but I know when I ovulated! She also said a baby measuring behind usually means girl. But again, we did it on ovulation day and I got my positive test a perfect 11 days later so there’s still hope. Just curious if any of you have any idea how this baby could be measuring that far behind. Also, I’ve had two ultrasounds and it grew perfectly and heartbeat was great.

I’m no doctor, but I’d say that even if you did ovulate on a certain day, that doesn’t mean the sperm fertilized your egg that day. And the time it takes for the egg to travel and then implant probably varies based on who knows what. My scans are always behind what I think they will be. I’m a late ovulator too at around 18-20 days in my cycle. I feel like we are usually the ones surprised at how early we are!

I agree although you may know when you ovulated you don’t know for sure when the egg was fertilised .

I was put ahead 5 days which doesn’t even make sense since I would have been pregnant before the last AF I had (if that makes sense ) so they are saying I was pregnant when I had a AF ... it’s kinda confusing lol.

Baby may have caught upto your dates by the time you go for a scan. I’ve never heard of girls measuring behind either . I would take what she said with a pinch of salt . Good luck for your boy!

My son and my daughter were both one week behind when they were going off LMP because I am a late ovulator as well. SO saying daughters are typically behind is whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->