Would measuring ahead mean C gets scheduled sooner?

rjm09

kcm12
Reaction score
Ok, so i changed my fb baby gaga due date from nov 4 to nov 2.

The 4th is based off O, but the 2nd is based off scan.
It's got me thinking...ok, my C date will be scheduled for a wk before my due date.Thats already 9days befor my o due date. Dc said about wk 30 it will get scheduled. Now ds was 5lbs by 34 weeks, its not unlikely that i could have a rapid growth with baby at the end. I had an extremely big first baby.

Now if i measure bigger during checkups further along, could the dc change the c date?
Have any of your dcs done that?

It didnt happen with my son as i didnt know id need an emcs. I only had a 22lb total gain, and an over 9lb baby! The dc who did my surgery, and a number of nurses could not believe he was in me!

Ill obv bring it up with dc on the 9th, my next appt, just wanted to ask here anyways.

Not sure but I'd be interested in answers as I'm in a similar boat!

I doubt you would get sectioned earlier for having a bigger baby tbh.
I had a big baby 2nd time 9lbs 4oz, and a normal birth. a section with my third who was measuring bigger i had growth scans which showed he was 5lbs 9oz at 33weeks. he was 8lbs 12oz and born at 38+6 so had i gone a week over he would be about 10lbs.

i was sectioned 8days before due date because he was breech tho.

i was 1lb less than i was pre pregnancy at end of my pregnancy with my third and he was a big baby lol

nope they will only do a csection earlier if you have a history of going into labour early or theres a danger to the baby if left longer a bigger baby is no problem it dosent make a difference in terms of when you have the csection x

This not so little one is measuring big (growth scan Monday). My trust don't see that as a reason to elcs on its own, preferring to induce earlier if they feel necessary. Though in my case dd was an unexpectedly large baby who I failed to progress with (size, b2b and cord around neck all being major factors) so I had an emcs. I want elcs tis time due to a medical condition I have developed between pregnancies, so lo is helping me out here as the elcs is now all but confirmed thankfully given previous birthing and current medical history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->