Would weight restrictions or rest really help?

Lues

Reaction score
I had my first BFP after 3 year of TCC last May, that unfortunately ended in a missed miscarriage at about 7 weeks.

I'm now pregnant again (which is crazy YAY) but of course, I'm also nervous. (The husband and I have coined the term ner-cited. (nervous + excited), it seems to fit)

I was already seeing an RE, and they suggest that EVERYone do basically super light-duty in the first trimester. No lifting anything over 8-10 pounds, no exercise other than walking, not even bike riding.

I want to do whatever is best for my baby and I'm really doing my best to take it as easy as I can.

But I live on a farm. Never lifting anything over 8 pounds is largely impossible. But then it feeds into my nerves whenever I do.

I'd be interested people's thoughts/experiences on this. I strongly believe that (other than smoking, drinking, drugs, or extreme heavy lifting/exercise) nothing that I did or could do really effected or would effect having a miscarriage. I mean, I'm sure some of you have other children and can't just not pick them up for a few months.

But I want to do everything I can, but I want to be realistic about it.

I thought I'd reach out and see what other's thoughts were about this.

Congrats!!!!

As far as the restrictions, I've never heard that. I don't do a lot of intense exercising/lifting anyway, but I do try to be a little more aware of what I'm doing while pregnant (ie if I get really crampy on a long walk with DH, we might slow down or stop early).

I'm 30 weeks into my second pregnancy and I've been picking up my ~30 pound daughter the whole time. Some days I carry her around quite a bit.

So my personal thought is to be aware of what you're doing and maybe take it a little easier if you can (what's the harm??), but I would NOT think twice about doing moderate lifting that needs to be done.

(I also painted our entire house while pregnant with DD and she's fine.)

Good luck!!

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Ultimately I know that nothing I did actually caused the miscarriage anyway (I mean, all was well the first few weeks, and I did all the same things then), sometimes I just need to be reminded.

I just need to balance taking it easy... with reality. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->