Would you be mad at kids peeking in your window?

feedindy

Reaction score
So we have neighbors with 3 little girls between the ages of 5-10. Their family has very rude manners in my opinion from past experience. So today they came knocking on our front door to sell girl scout cookies, and I was in my pajamas so I didn't want to answer the door. So LO and I just remained playing and we were quiet and all. Then the little girls outside come around to my living room windows and peek in! There is no pathway to get there, so they were not "passing by". In fact it is in the opposite direction of leaving the property. I felt like this was extremely rude and I feel kinda violated.

DH says "They're just kids! I'd probably do the same at their age." I am thinking no way!

What do you think of this?

I agree with your husband. I could see if it was a teenager maybe and definitely an adult. But they are kids and kids do that, i know I did when I was a kid :flower: I like my privacy also and you have a right to that, but between the ages of 5 and 10 they don't understand that. If I was the parent and I knew about it, I would explain how that is not appropriate.
XOOX :hugs::hugs:

Eek I wouldn't be happy with that either would make me feel a little uncomfortable. I know they were probably being harmless but still, I value my privacy i think id be shocked

Yeah I'd be a little irked by that. Kids that age should know better. That's why I keep my curtains closed during the day because I never open the door during the day by myself! Lol

Where in PA are you? :)

Kids will be kids BUT kids need be learnt manners & whats right & wrong.

This case it being wrong. No i.wouldnt be happy.

When our lawn newly put down boys running on it i started banging on windiw.

Grass aint cheap!

I wouldnt be happy as somebody i know was accused of flashing kids because he was walking out of the downstairs shower and his towel dropped for 2 mins. Kids had climbed over his wall and were peaking in the side window.

Police where involved and the kids finally admitted the truth after so much damage been caused to his family

Yes I'd be annoyed - I get annoyed when the kid that lives out-back climbs up his garden fence so he can sit and stare into our back patio doors... we ain't interesting, we're hideously boring - he just does it because he can, and I know if I show any reaction to it - it'll become some massive game and we'll have an entire summer of it this year.

Id be annoyed, even at that age they can understand thats wrong if the parents bother to teach them.
Id probaly have shouted at them to bugger off

My previous neighbours little girls would do this all the time! Very rude IMO. Bit what bothered me more was the fact their parents didn't tell them it was wrong. They were a very rude family though. Just listening to the language they used around their children made me so angry.

Very rude IMO, the parent's should be teaching them!

The kids on my street have no respect for anybody's property at all & the parents don't say anything. They are constantly running around everyone's gardens/driveways. Nextdoor has an Audi S6 (£40k+) but works away quite a bit & the kids tend to play 'tig' around his car knowing fine well he's not in. It's something that would have never entered my head when I was kid.

They obviously do not know any better but i would be annoyed and i would say something to them. x

Oooh I hate it!!! We live on a 7 house terrace, nice and quiet but there are 2 girls at the end, aged about 4 and 7 who's parents have given them no boudaries!! They run around with no shoes on on the mud and stones outside and then when they see our dog they come running over, which is fine as he's a good boy but when we usher him inside the girls think they are then allowed to peer through the window on our door and shout Alfie!! I've shooed them a few times but the just laugh and do it a bit more till I put the blind down!!!

Annoying!! But I won't say anything to the parents as I hate confrontation!! :blush:

I feel for you x

I know they are only children but it would annoy the crap out of me !!!
I have an 9 year old and 5 year old and they would NEVER go and look through someone window x

I'd find it annoying. I wouldn't want my child/ren doing that to somebody, so wouldn't like other peoples kids to be peeking in at me.

On a similar note, we had a neighbour at the last place we lived who would look in (we were in the bottom flat and the stairs up to the top one went past our living room window) EVERY time he went past...used to drive me nutso :lol:

Yes it often happens, except the 'children' looking in our window are teenagers and they are trouble makers. they throw stones at our windows, bb gun our dogs etc. One of our living room windows looks over the side of their house (we live on a mountain, their house is higher than mine). They sit on the wall and stare in as bold as brass.

Small kids I don't think would bother me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->