Would you buy a used stroller?

hello_kitty

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I dont belong on here but since you all are in the homestretch maybe this question will pertain to you?

I have a 6 month old and 2 year old and find that I need one especially on our trip in April. I have money set aside for a brand new one but dont know if its worth saving $100 on a used one.

The stroller is on cl and advertised as no rips, tears, or stains and I am welcomed to come see it first.

We plan on having at least one more, so its going to be used now and for our second and third child as well.

So what do you think? Is a $100 savings worth it to buy used?

I think I would. I would probably buy one used by someone I know, like a friend trying to get rid of theirs or something, but thats the same thing so... Yes.
My strollers have held up well, so haven't had to cross this bridge, but I would just think of the things that I could buy with that $100 I saved.....

Best wishes!

If it had the options that I wanted, was in good working order, had not been recalled- then yes! Do the best with what you've got- that's what I say.

I bought a used Chariot stroller for half the price if we had bought it new. The only thing we did was give it a good cleaning. It looks brand new now and I will sell it when I'm done with it. I'll probably be able to get half my money back.

I say buy it if it's in good condition and it hasn't been recalled. Nothing wrong with buying used.

I'd definitely buy used if it was in good condition. Why not I say! We've been given loads of worn babies clothes and I don't see a problem with that either. I'm a bargain hunter though lol

Thanks ladies! I will at least go and take a look at it first. Hopefully this will be a better experience than the last. Last time, I woman also advertised her stroller as "good condition" I met up with her early in the morning only to find that it was super dirty, stains that I possibly wont be able to get off, and it had signs of wear and tear.

Yea i definatly would and have done before just have a good inspection before handing the money over

Yes, if it met my needs and the price was right.

I have bought brand new and used and been just as happy with both as I would only buy if in near perfect condition.

It depends what you have your heart set on though. Last time with DS I was on my own and not sure if I would ever have another one and it was important to save money so I bought used. This time we think we might want another one and I have saved money in lots of other areas with sales and second hand bits from OH's sister and a friend but I had my heart set on a brand new travel system. We saved a lot of money on it in the sales at Xmas but we got a brand new one so hopefully it will last two children well.

Yup, I actually just got a double stroller off the yard sale page today. It's in great condition, was an awesome price, no recalls, etc. I have no regrets, I paid $40 and original retail value was 200. It's just dusty from storage but I can deal with dust. :)

There's some things I choose not to buy used, just me, but strollers I have no qualms with getting used, especially since you can find good deals out there!

Yes, I bought a used double buggy when I had my son, it was an £800 buggy (mountain buggy with carrycots and all attachments) and we got it for £150. This time I have also bought second hand, the same model exactly that I had for my DD and DS but mine is shabby and worn out. I paid £200 new for it and I got the second hand one in great condition for £25.
One thing I would say is make sure it comes from a non smoking home, my friend bought one second hand and she couldn't get the smell of smoke out. I will also be buying a new mattress for the pram section.

I would, as long as it was in good shape, and it was the stroller I really wanted. The only things I'm really particular about buying new are car seats and cribs, and even then, I'd consider buying from someone I know and trust. Baby gear is expensive, I'd much rather have a higher quality used stroller than a lower quality new one.

Also, does it matter how long they've had the stroller? I'm guessing most used strollers can be up to 5 years old.

I definitely would. A good inspection + clean up makes something used virtually brand new!!

I would be OK with buying most things used, except for a car seat.

I'm a firm believer in second hand for babies, except car seats. Car seats must be new. (Oh, and crib mattresses. There's some evidence that SIDS rates increase with used mattresses.) But other than that? I buy almost everything used. They are in it for such a very short time that I can't bring myself to pay full price.

I bought a travel system off a family friend for my son, we paid £100, it was like new, they paid £500. You couldn't tell it was second hand.
For this baby, we've got a second hand pushchair from a car boot sale. We plan on baby wearing most of the time anyway so didn't want to spend a fortune.

I dont know if the age of the stroller matters. I will be checking it out tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that its in great condition. I have been spending too much money this month on bills and hotel reservations for our trip prefer not to buy brand new if I dont have to.

Yes I would! I bought my travel system for over £1000 new and have seen it being sold for like £300 in really good condition!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->