Would you find this odd?

Kagerou

Dad
Reaction score
Me and the OH have been talking about a planned water birth for our 4th. While looking at youtube videos we came across this and it made me wonder if we should also do it.

Do you think it would be odd and is there an age when they are too young/old to do this?

For those worried, the child DOES get out before she's ready to give birth :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEY8vZBQpOw

thanks! :hugs:

I think it's beautiful! Too young would be if they are going to need a lot just to be in the tub like holding them up etc. Too old would just be a personal preference. We are pretty open here in our house so my kids see us just in or out of the bath etc. My kids are 5.5 and 3.5 both boys. If thing began to get to where my discomfort was scaring them I may have them go out, but all in all I think it's a beautiful thing and an awesome bonding opportunity for the other children! Thanks for sharing this!

Adanma

Nothing odd there for me! Nice experience for everyone...

We're planning a homebirth and our son will be there (if it's during the day) :)

Cute haha!

I'm hopefully having a homebirth at my MILs house and my OH's brothers will be there for bits of labour, they're 9 and 11. My OH saw them born at the same age.
Pretty natural thing, I'd probably want privacy from them at the end though. :shrug:

We're going to a birthing centre which has a big pool, so hoping they let us bring in the other kids!

It's not odd at all. Beautiful really that a young boy can see his mother giving birth as a natural and normal thing. He isn't at all bothered and I wouldn't be concerned to see him still in there as the baby came out.
I am planning a homebirth and haven't really thought about whether my daughter who will be 27 mths when the baby is born will be there or not. If it is during the day, I will probably have my mum there as well and if she seems to be getting upset, bored or whatever or if I want her to leave, I can get my mum to take her.

I think its great! She's sharing something with him that makes him a real part of the birth! I think as said before too young would be an age where you'd have to hold them or watch them closely, too old would be a personal preference as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->