Would you get a colposcopy in your tww?

redlemonade

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I ovulated either 2-3 days ago. I'm also booked in for a colposcopy in 3 days so I'll be between 5-6 dpo when I get that done.

I'm really scared by this. I've had 2 colpos before - the 1st one was fine. Less painful than the smear test actually! But I was still a little crampy after.

But the 2nd colposcopy really hurt and I had bad cramping after. I had to have a biopsy at that one. Never had to have treatment, thankfully.

I'm scared that, if I am pregnant it could cause a miscarriage which is a bit silly because implantation wouldn't even have happened - right??

I'm just scared that the cramping could cause an early miscarriage or something.

Has anybody had experience in this? Please put my mind at ease!

Hi redlemonade! Sorry to hear you have to have another colposcopy! I've had a few myself, and know they aren't the most pleasant of procedures! I haven't had any issues in that area since we started TTC (here's hoping it stays that way!) so I've never asked the question. If I were you, if you can, ask your nurse. Maybe it's me erring on the side of caution, but I wouldn't want to take any risks! Good luck with it either way! :)

Thanks Lill123! I was thinking I'd say it to them at the clinic when I go. I'm afraid they'll think I'm being silly since its only 5/6dpo! Plus they may insist even if there are risks.

I've been googling and have had various opinions from "no, it's too risky", to "it's perfectly fine and harmless". That'll teach me for leaving it up to Dr google, lol!

Colpos are horrible aren't they? But I guess if I get pregnant I should get used to poking and prodding down there right? ;)

Haha From what I hear, there's plenty of probing and prodding when the time eventually comes for us :( haha I remember when I had the LOOP procedure to remove the abnormal cells, that they asked if I was pregnant, but really can't remember with the colposcopys before and after it, sorry! Your defo doing the right thing though in making sure you're all healthy in that area though! Out of interest let me know what they say at the appointment, I'm curious as to the response!:hugs:

Yeah I think the colpo would be ok but not treatment, if I am pregnant. I just worry because I cramp after any probing on my cervix :(

I imagine the treatment must have been much more painful! Sorry you had to go through that. Seriously, if men had to have smears and colpos they'd be given anaesthesia for sure! Lol! You're right though, gotta look after our health.

Yes I'll definitely keep you up to date with what they say. Thanks for the reassurance!

hi redlemonade:flower:
just wanted to say that I was pregnant with my 3rd child, and was booked in for one, which they told me was totally safe as the pregnancy was in my womb, and they would only be touching my cervix. So I went ahead and a few days later had a miscarriage :( I dont know if it was just coincidence or if it was to do with that, i will never know to be honest. x

ps. i had to have cells removed for testing, then go back for cold cogulation treatment *spelling* ... x

hi redlemonade:flower:
just wanted to say that I was pregnant with my 3rd child, and was booked in for one, which they told me was totally safe as the pregnancy was in my womb, and they would only be touching my cervix. So I went ahead and a few days later had a miscarriage :( I dont know if it was just coincidence or if it was to do with that, i will never know to be honest. x

Oh god. I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm a bit scared now, I must be honest. I know I need to look after my own health but your story is what I'm most afraid of. Thanks for sharing and, again, I'm sorry for your loss.

Very sorry for your loss SamBam, I can't imagine how awful that must have been. It's something all women are petrified of experiencing. Redlemonade, not to scare monger, or anything of the sort, as we both agree, women's health is so important, but be sure to go through it with your nurse, I'm sure rescheduling wont be too much trouble if there's the slightest risk of what poor SamBams family went through??:hugs:

Thanks; I'll talk it through with the nurse beforehand. Hopefully it'll all go OK. Thanks for your support!

I had a colposcopy and cryosurgery to fix the problem while I was pregnant (didn't know I was) and everything turned out fine :)

I had a colposcopy and cryosurgery to fix the problem while I was pregnant (didn't know I was) and everything turned out fine :)

Oh wow that's SO good to hear! Thanks so much for sharing that with me :)

I just thought I'd come back and update you guys! I had my colposcopy today - I met with the consultant and he said it was perfectly safe to have a colpo if pregnant because all they're doing is getting a magnified view of the cervix. He also said, that with low grade abnormal cells like I had, that there's no problem with TTC, no need to wait (which I was kind of worried about)

I just thought this might help someone else who finds themselves in the same boat. Treatment is a different story and kind of varies between patients, he said.

However my colpo was totally clear - phew! He actually showed me the screen of my magnified cervix and it was amazing! Totally like you'd see on that "beautiful cervix" website. I was surprised to see that there was still lots of cm up there at 6dpo! Totally fascinating.

Thanks again for all your support girls! I feel like a weight has been lifted :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->