Would you give away a gift?

xlouloux

LTTC & 1 Furbaby
Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wondering what you would do really..

DF's mom has sent me some make-up and an anti aging gift set, I love the make-up and the gift set, it's a Gatineau Paris set and quite expensive and includes firming lotion for the neck etc. I really am grateful for it, but I am 21, and still have the skin of a teenager, my spots are only just starting to go so I am always weary of putting lots of products on my face. I said to DF that my mom would LOVE this and I think I should give it to her, but he thinks I should try it all first. He knows my skin can get really bad, so I don't know what to do?:shrug:

(The make-up she sent is all natural and stuff I have used before so I know that that will be OK for me to use)

As I said I am grateful for it, but I would rather see it go to good use, my mom is 48 this year and loves all her anti aging stuff.

Would you give it away or would you feel to guilty?

I'd give it away - I often pass stuff on to family & friends as I have really sensitive skin & can't use lots of products, I'd rather someone got some use out of it than it sitting in a drawer unused!

If your not going to get any use from it then you should pass it to your mum.

If ive recieved a gift that i know will stay at the bottom of a cupboard and never get used then id rather it went to someone who'd make use of it.

No use in it sitting on a shelf, reaching its use by date, when your mum could be putting it to good use.

Give it to your mum, she'll love it.

I feel guilty giving stuff away too - so much so that I even feel bad chucking out my son's broken toys if they were bought as gifts. :blush: I'd probably try it, and then maybe give it away if it made my skin bad :)

I told my mom about it and she said she would love it, it has 7 products with it to use daily and I'm not sure I'd cope with that routine anyway.:wacko:

Thanks for the opinions. :thumbup:

I would have done the same as you. My mum would have been made up with something like that so I would be happy knowing it would get used. xxx

Certainly! Sometimes in the US we regift items. In which, you take a gift you received and turn around and give it to another person as a gift. I know it sounds a bit cheap, but if you're not going to use or don't like it, then there's no sense in having in lay about the house.

I would :thumbup:

I often get loads of products like that as well as make up and other odds and ends like candles and photo frames etc

If I won't use them then I normally give them as presents :blush:

I would - I don't think it's cheap at all, I think it's a sensible way to let someone have use out of something that would be wasted otherwise!

DF's mom rang and asked DF if I liked it, luckily he didn't tell her I was giving it away!

Lol she can't find out you're giving it away. But I'd do the same. My mum loves all that stuff. I think every mum must lol.
But something I learned in a beauty therapy course is we are ment to start the anti-ageing rigmarole once we hit 25 as this is when our skin starts to age!

I know she told DF to tell me it's never to early to start haha, I am only 21 though so I think I will wait a few years!

I would give it to my mum too, it's better that it's getting used and it's not like you're ungrateful :)

Meh, I give gifts away all the time, I feel guilty about it, but for stuff I don't like/never going to use/ will live in th ebottom of a cupboard I see it as a waste. If I know someone who would appreciate it then I pass it on.
Unfortunately still not sure what to do with the name plaque someone got me for my bedroom...about the size of a dinner plate shaped as a cupcake with "hazels room" on it. I'm 27....

I would give it away. I'd rather see someone use something than it just sit in my house & eventually get thrown away because I don't have use for/don't want it.

I would give it away... But if it upsets your partner, maybe you should try it first :).. Say it makes your skin oily or something HAHA! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->