Would you give your child cough syrup to get them to sleep on a plane?

I wouldnt rule it out depending on what the situation called for and how lo was reacting.
I think giving them something to calm them and prevent them becoming stressed and for their own good isnt such a bad thing within moderation in a tried all else type situation, its not like your doping them up to keep them quite so you can watch tv in peace after all.

I can say with certainty that I wouldn't but I really try not to judge others. I have a very easy baby that doesn't cry much. I guess I think the rare case where a parent has no choice but to travel with a baby (for whatever reason) and happens to have an extremely colicy/difficult (call it whatever you want) baby. I still don't think I would do it but really do I know that for sure without being in their shoes?

Now, a couple years ago we were at a summer party where there was some heavy drinking going on all day. By night time everyone was hammered, including this couple that had a 10 month old. Well mom was hammered, dad was OK. Anyways they set up her pack n play in the yard and gave her benadryl to sleep so they could stay and hang out more. Yea I judged that one, couldn't help it. I was disgusted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->