Would you go back doctors?

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

okay since born lo has had problems, mainly at night but also in the day. She almost constantly fidgets and whinges, punches the air, pulls her legs to.chest, pushes them out poker straight, sounds like she strains a lot, passes wind a lot, cries and screams when trying to get or passing a stool. She isnt constipated though, stools are sloppy and lots of she has also has blood in her stool about 3 times. Not sure if to do with it but she also wheezes a lot. Those are the things I can think of. She wasnt a sicky baby until doctor gave gaviscon last monday, now she sicks almost every feed, not a huge amount. The doctor before that gave her movicol and put that she has rabbit dropping stools which she doesnt and.never has had! We got told doesnt sound like colic even though we tried infacol, detinox and colief which never worked. She can go for long periods in the day being settled but can also get v.fidgety and cries like something irritating her. Mainly night which is when she passes stools and a lot after feeds. She was on c&g infant 1 but we changed her to c&g comfort.

I am.sure something isnt right with her but dont know what. The gaviscon.hasnt done anything and if anything as I said she is more sick on it. Do I take her back docs?

Xx

I would definitely take her back and keep taking her back until you get some answers. It could be reflux or a cow's milk protein intolleramce perhaps? If you are no happy with your doctor, ask to see someone else and if you are still not happy, ask for a referral to see a paediatrician. I hope things improve for you soon!

Thanks. I have saw 3 docs. First one said constipation and colic and said give warm water, next one said not colic but constipation and give movicol. last doctor said reflux and gave gaviscon savhets and said do not give movicol! Xx

i also.asked about allergy to.cows milk etc and doctor said because she has kept herweight that she wouldnt be allergic. xx

This isn't correct hun, although some babies with allergies do struggle to gain weight; there are many babies who gain weight well above average with a cows milk allergy (or any other type of allergy)xx

ETA: from re-reading your post; I am no doctor but sounds like classic CMPI/allergy to me

I have gotta take her in at 4.30. I am gonna write down all the things that seem to not be right. This morning she wasnt fed for about 4 hours and seemed okay, its a lot when she is fed her tummy seems irritated. Xx

id try coleif and ask doctor for ranitidene and if shes very sicky -domperidone.

edit... sorry you've tried colefi, have you tried changing milk? i found aptamil hungry milk good for my reflux baby

It doesn't sound like reflux, colic, constipation or wind to me...

It sounds exactly like a Cow's Milk Protein intolerance. Ask to try Nutramigen, Neocate or Aptamil Pepti x

id try coleif and ask doctor for ranitidene and if shes very sicky -domperidone.

edit... sorry you've tried colefi, have you tried changing milk? i found aptamil hungry milk good for my reflux baby

She wasnt a sicky baby at all (twice in about 2 weeks) until they give us the Gaviscon which makes her sick and her stools smell v.offensive (eggy like) like when you have an upset tummy and are very sloppy as per usual.

She was on cow and gate infant 1 but we changed her to cow and gate comfort 3 weeks ago as she was even worse on the infant milk I think.

xx

It doesn't sound like reflux, colic, constipation or wind to me...

It sounds exactly like a Cow's Milk Protein intolerance. Ask to try Nutramigen, Neocate or Aptamil Pepti x

Am I able to ask to try these milks or will they just try to fob me off with something else. One doctor said sounds like it is just how she is as a baby!!! :growlmad: :nope: They sound so patronising also as keep asking if it is my first baby and because it is they must think I dont know what I am on about but I arent stupid and I have also helped bring up my nephew when he was first born etc so have been exposed to a lot of things.

xx

I have just found this which sounds a lot like LO

https://kidshealth.org/parent/medical/allergies/milk_allergy.html#

I know I may be being too para but also she has a pimple rash on her face and near her eyes which I am not sure if common with babys or not?? Lol.

xx

Okay so been docs and said i think cmpi but he thinks lactose intolerance. Been given preacription for nutramigen 1. Gotta fetch from chemist tomoz. xx

This isn't correct hun, although some babies with allergies do struggle to gain weight; there are many babies who gain weight well above average with a cows milk allergy (or any other type of allergy)xx

ETA: from re-reading your post; I am no doctor but sounds like classic CMPI/allergy to me

I agree with summer, my Lo was exactly the same as yours and I was told the same thing, he's always been a chubby baby and has a severe milk allergy. In fact I think it was summer who answered my question like yours months ago :hugs:

Okay so been docs and said i think cmpi but he thinks lactose intolerance. Been given preacription for nutramigen 1. Gotta fetch from chemist tomoz. xx

Just saw this after is replied lol, glad you got some milk. The only thing I would say is if your Lo's still not quite right after a few weeks go back, calebs diatician told me that as he had blood in his poo his allergy is severe and he should've been put on neocate immediately and skipped the other milks altogether as they still contain a small amount of milk. Hope your Lo feels better soon :) x

Thanks hun. Doctor has give a 400g tin and said see how she gets on between now and friday and contact him for more. If no better is gonna refer to paediatrician. xx

Hey I just wanted to give young experience with my oldest having a cows milk protein intolerance. It wasnt diagnosed until she was 4 months old. The doctors we saw before she was diagnosed all said lactose allergy which is totoallt different from a cows milk allergy and has to be treated differently.

She had all the symptoms your little girl has. The big signs are rash( like eczema) on the face and body and blood in the stool. Also upset tummy, gas and pain. The reason it took so long to diagnoise was because she was putting on weight. She was in the 85th percentile. She was put on soy formula as the hypoallergenic formula really upset her tummy. Lactose free formula's usually still have cows milk protein in them so I wouldn't recommend trying just lactose free formula.

It sounds to me more like a CMPI then a lactose allergy.

Thanks hun. I did say a cmpi to doc but he seems.to.think more of lactose allergy. I think if this milk doesnt work I am gon.a.get some soya formula and try that. He was saying though that milk for cmpi lavk vitamins etc that lo needs which worries me! Xx

My oldest is now 13 months and perfectly healthy and she's been in the soy since she was 4 months old.

Thank you. He said see how she gets on.with nutramigem over the next 2-3 days. I might then.go.back and ask to.try a soya one if this doesnt work. So frustrating not knowing what is wrong.and.how we can help them :(

You can ask for an allergy test. Thats what they did for Ava.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->