Would you have done the same?

FEDup1981

Mam of two & two angels
Reaction score
Last night, just after 10pm, we were about to go to bed when we noticed a couple of lads arguing outside our front gate, right next to my car.
I couldnt see very well from the living room window, so went upstairs and had a nosey. There were about 20-30 lads outside arguing, and it was getting really heated and one black lad seemed to be the subject, i dunno if he started it, or if he was the one being picked on.

I just grabbed my phone and rang 999, and told the operator what was happening, but as i was talking to her, most of the lads walked away to where i couldnt see them so dunno what was happening. But the black lad, and a white lad and a lass stood in the middle of the road really arguing, then after a couple of minutes they disappeared down the road where i couldnt see them. Prob gone to the pub down the road thats really rough.

My car was damaged a few weeks ago, and we cant afford to fix it yet, and i didnt want it to happen again, and also, you never know if theres knives invloved, and if anything serious is about to happen.

Im just a bit worried that ive come across as wasting police time, cos nothing actually happened, that i could see anyway, but my husband says i couldve prevented something serious happening.

And afterwards i had a good cry, kinda like in shock.

Would you have done the same?

I would of done the same hun , expeacilly as there were so many and in your street.
:hugs: You did the right thing dont worry ;)

Yeh you did the right thing.. How wwere you to know nothing would happen? IF anything had of happened, by ringing 999 you would have probably saved somebodies life.. I would be proud not regretting ringing!x

Yeah I'd say you'd done the right thing - just imagined if someone had been stabbed and you hadn't rang - you'd feel awful! I cetainly don't think you were wasting police time! xx

Thanks. I dont even know if any police actually came, but you're right, at least if anything did happen, i have a clear conscience. xxxxx

I would have phoned the police to if it was that serious and especially if your property had been damaged previously. Who knows with all the knifing and murders now going on what could have happened.

I woul have done the same thing hun xx Hope all is ok :hugs:

:hugs:

You did the right thing...you can never be too safe.

i would have done excately the same as u xx

i'd have done the same, especially in this day and age!! you never know they might have caught up wit them down the road or somethin

If I were in that situation, I would be totally freaked out. Good call hun, you made the right choice! No sense in getting your property damaged again.

Thanks everyone, i feel loads better now.

Just a few weeks ago my car wing mirror was kicked off, on the path side, and its gonna cost £50 to get fixed, and we just cant afford it yet, theres always something else that needs paying. And theres always broken bottles and stuff on the road, and i have slow punctures in every one of my tyres that i just cant afford to get sorted. Weve only lived here 4 months, i love the house but the area is crap. :hissy:

I would have done the same because there were so many. Better to be safe than sorry.

You def did the right thing, i'd have done the same. and prob felt the same too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->