Would you just let me sleep already?!

SJDsMommy

1 prince and 1 princess<3
Reaction score
Gaaah! My husband is annoying the crap out of me lately haha. For the past 10 days or so I have been waking up SUPER early and I'm one of those people who can't go back to sleep right away once I'm awake, but that doesn't mean I want to get up and do something.. hubby has been trying to get me to have sex practically every day before I even get out of bed! I feel bad because we haven't done anything since like 2 days before I found out I was pregnant (so about a week now) and before that we were doing it more often than usual but my hormones just don't want it!

I mean if I even THINK about rolling over to get comfy - the hubby thinks I want sex! I spent a good 40 minutes telling him to leave me alone this morning but he kept insisting. Finally I just snapped at him, got out of bed and took a shower. I'm more annoyed this morning because he actually woke me up this time, the ONE time I actually slept past 4 am in the past 10 days! I spent ALL day yesterday (from 8:30 am to a few minutes before 7 pm) with not only my 2 children but baby sitting 2 more as well (who are both the same age as my kids, I love those girls, their family is pretty much a part of ours but the older one is a handful sometimes!) So of course I was exhausted and didn't want to get up and do anything! :dohh:

Sorry for the rant everyone but I am so annoyed! Hubby thinks I am over reacting but I don't think he understands how exhausted I am lately.. Sex is the LAST thing on my mind!

Seriously?! How insensitive! Buy him a dildo or something and tell him to knock himself out :-D

LOL! Oh wow! thankfully he's left me alone since!

Hubby got annoyed yesterday because I went back to bed on 'his' day off. I said tough, I'm sleeping for two now!!

I don't think it's bad of your husband to want sex. He probably doesn't understand how tired you are. He's showing that he wants you and is attracted to you. You may not feel like having sex. But I mean, maybe you two could just talk about it and you can explain to him how you feel in an understanding way. At least try to understand where he is coming from as well if you expect him to understand where you are coming from.

I know I'm not the OP but I needed to hear that as well RebeccaR19! Thank you! I haven't snapped on my hubby yet b/c I just recently started to be soo nauseous that I didn't even want to lift my head once I got in bed let alone have sex, but I didn't think I had to explain that him. In my mind, "he knows I'm pregnant and the symptoms that come a long with it so why does he act like it's a non-factor", well maybe b/c he doesn't know if I don't tell him, :dohh:!! He's use to us being intimate very frequently so I do understand his side. Thank you for the wake up call girl, you're right! He's still a man too

Um, so what if he's a man? I don't understand this way of thinking at all. He's a person just like you, not a dog. It's not like he's been weeks or months without, it's been a week!

If you are newly pregnant and don't feel like having sex, you are perfectly within your rights to take a break from it and I'm assuming he is smart enough to understand that. He needs to use his brain and not nag. I mean, spending 40 minutes batting away his advances? Crazy!

My husband has never once nagged or even asked me for sex. Doesn't mean he doesn't still kiss and cuddle me and tell me that I'm sexy and beautiful every day, so the opportunity is there if ever I want to take things further and it goes without saying that if I don't feel like it that's fine too.

It's YOUR body that is going through huge demands, not his. Women definitely get the rough end of the stick in a lot of ways during pregnancy and the fact that this means you're less frisky for a while is something he'll just have to "be a man" about and suck it up. You don't have to put up with it!

I'm so happy that I am not the only one going through this! lol. For about the first week after I found out I was pregnant, I didn't want sex AT ALL. Before I got my BFP we DTD about every day or every other day so I think he's having major withdrawals. He says I'm being very distant and not cuddling or kissing at all but its because if I even touch him, he wants sex instantly! Thankfully I did get him to understand that my hormones just don't want it and it doesn't feel good, plus I am so bloated and don't even want to be touched. However, within the last few days my sex drive has begun to come back and we are good :) as long as my sore boobs do not get touched! lol

Um, SpringOrchid, I don't know if you're responding to my comment or not, which I think you are b/c I'm the only who made that statement. I wasn't talking about just giving up the ass b/c he wants it! I was talking about understanding WHY he's requesting it and WHY he may not understand that you don't wanna have sex when you're usually going at!!! NOBODY SAID F*** HIM ANYWAY. What was said was he may not understand if you don't have the proper discussion with him. When he's in that mode, he's not thinking you may be fatigued or too sick to have sex b/c it's not his body and he doesn't get it, that's what I meant by he's still a man. The point of the comment was to agree w/ the PP above me (at that time RebeccaR19) that that discussion needs to be had with MY HUBBY so that I don't get super irritated and tear him a new one! Thanks anyway

I definitely understand where he is coming from, and I told him that, but its not like I don't show him any affection at all (though he's REALLY not the affectionate type anyway.. unless he's horny.. I have to practically BEG him for a proper hug..) but continually trying for 40 minutes when I keep asking him to stop? Pretty sure its him that's in the wrong, I also told him that I'm just too exhausted and don't feel up to it. I finally caved today and I think he finally understood because he kept looking at me and noticed how uncomfortable I was and that I wasn't enjoying it. (I didn't even make it obvious, in fact I tried NOT to make it obvious)..I mean I felt bad for sure but he knew I didn't WANT it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->