Would you ladies wait?

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
So if anyone has been following my story or hasn't - a week ago I got my first scan that showed a yolk sac and gest sac. Even though I was sure of my dates being 6+2 at the time there was no baby and everything measure 5+2. The tec didn't seem concerned.

Now... What I'm wondering is this, she told me to go for a repeat scan in two weeks. It's been one week and I can't wait any longer. I have to know what's going on either way. Say I went for the ultrasound today at (6+3 by the techs dates) would I be sure to see anything more than I did last time? Would you ladies wait the extra week so that you'd be guaranteed to know either way that things were ok or weren't. Or would you know for sure at 6+3

I'd wait. I always schedule my first appointment between 8 and 9 weeks for that very reason. That gives room for any error in dates

I'd go. Since they've already scanned you, you'll at least know if you've progressed a week. Even if you still don't see a heartbeat (I saw one at my scan 5w6d), you'll still know if the gestational sac has grown appropriately. I'm impatient though and a huge worrier, so I'd do it.

I would wait.. I had a missed Mc a few years ago and I went in thinking I was 7 or 8 weeks but I was irregular and they couldn't see anything other than a sac so I had to wait 2 weeks also to see if there was any change.. unfortunately for me there wasn't but I also had a healthy pregnancy after my mc and I was tracking my cycles and I should have been over 6 weeks and my ultrasound that time put me at 5 weeks and couldn't see much again.. I was devastated had to wait again and went back and she had caught up and was totally healthy!

Wait, they say two weeks to ensure they can see something

I know it's hard (and I'm right there with you) but I would wait. xo

I know how hard it is, but I'd wait. You could go and everything be fine, but you could go, not see a heartbeat and then have another week of being in limbo. In my last two pregnancies no heartbeat was found at both 6 week scans and it caused so much worry. At least if you wait the two weeks you will get a clear answer. Hoping your next scan goes well.

I seem to be in the minority but I wouldnt want to wait 2 weeks. I hate not knowing whats going on. If they still couldnt tell I'd be in the same place anyway. If its bad news I'd rather know and be out of limbo. Even if its to early to be sure of an answer there is a chance of good news. Then it would be a huge relief and would save another week of torture. If you do decide to go I think you just have to be prepared that it could be too early for a definite answer.

It has to be your personal choice and how you think you'll process it if they need you to come back and wait another week if they don't see a heartbeat.

It's a gamble. You may go in and see the heartbeat and feel relief but there also a strong chance you'll see a sac and no heartbeat and be left in the same limbo you are currently in.

No answers here....probably wiser to wait it out but I'm like others here and would probably gamble on hoping to see the heartbeat.

Personally, I'd probably go in sooner. Yes, waiting another week would make sure you get a definite answer but I don't think I could wait. Plus, as others have pointed out, you'll see whether everything has grown as it should even now. So if you have the option, I say go for it.

I would go in if they are willing to scan you. Worse case you end up having to wait the additional week anyways.

I'd say go early for piece of mind if you can. I think I would want to do that. However, I get what others are saying that there would be more development if you wait.

Breeelizabeth...the same happened to me at 4+6. The doctor said I was too early for the scan and they could only find gestational and yolk sac, but no embryo or heartbeat.

I was told the medically speaking the pregnancy would not be confirmed unless there's a heartbeat and they didn't seem too concerned, just asked me not to tell anyone that I was pregnant. They called me back in 10 days and gave progesterone vaginal tablets (as I'm over 35).

This is my first pregnancy and needless to say the rest of the days up to my next scan were sleepless. I kept asking friends and family and nobody had a matching success story, a couple of them, including a doctor friend, said I might have a miscarriage, given my age.

I have never felt so lonely and miserable after my mom passed away. I kept crying and praying so everything goes okay and it did! 10 days later, there was a strong heartbeat :)

I SO understand the feeling...wish you hear the heartbeat soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->