Would you let your 11 yr old dye their hair

hypnorm

Reaction score
I must bet getting old but I find it hard that kids are trying to become older so soon, our neighbours child has just started secondary school and has shown two pictures now of different hair colours her mum has let her have done, I would not like my child dye their hair until they were 18, it's bad enough that she goes to school with a skirt that barely covers her bum. It just makes me feel so uncomfortable, as she could easily pass as 16, even her mum has said she is worried about the attention from boys she will get at school. So why let her go to school like that.

Maybe I'm just a prude!

I want allowed to dye mh hair until I could afford to go to the hairdressers and pay for it myself.

Wasnt allowed to use a home dye.

My mum let my auntie put blonde highlights in my hair when i was 11. You couldn't see them that much because i have blonde hair anyway. But i didn't walk around like i was 16.

I first did mine around that age with those wash in wash out ones

My mum let me use a wash in/wash out one at that age, But my hair colour is naturally so dark it didn't look any different. I wasn't allowed to use permenant at that age. I first used a permenant dye aged 16.

I would probably allow an 11 year old to dye their hair, but I wouldn't let her walk around in a mini skirt!

My mum paid for my highlights from when i was about 12

No I wouldnt. But my mum let me when I was about 12 and I wish I didnt.

My mum paid for me to have blonde highlights when i was 11, i only had a few and as i got older i had more and more put in. I dont think i would though but its personal choice

My gran and mum used to regularly pay for my hair to be bleached blonde, and then every other colour of the rainbow since I was about 12/13 - started paying for it myself when I was 16/17, currently have bright red hair ;) xx

I was terrible for dying my hair at school, I had it every colour under the sun! I also remember my cousin giving me a perm when I was at Primary school (it was in the 80s!!) I also used to wear a stupidly short skirt as did almost everyone else at school. At the time I saw nothing wrong with this but I imagine LO doing this and it's a whole different outlook :haha: Interestingly though I never had a BF until I was 16.

Since I got pregnant I haven't dyed it and now it is 3/4 grown out, it is the first time I have seen my natural colour in about 17 years:haha:

My mum let me die my hair red when I was in secondary...it was awful and I'm not sure why she let me did it (maybe to teach me a lesson?)

I had streaks in my hair for my leaving do...but no I won't let my DD colour her hair (I don't think) until she's about 16.

I was never allowed, my mam did not agree with it so young....dont think I agree with it that young either :( why cant kids just be kids!?

I wasnt allowed to dye my hair until I was 14 and my LO wont be allowed either, they grow up to quick these days so im definiatly not going to encourage it by letting her dye her hair lol xx

i'd let my LO dye their hair at 11, i see no problem with it. I'd probably be make sure they did an allergy test beforehand though, that would be my only worry.

i used wash in wash out things when i was about 13. i would allow those but nothing permanent, no.

No i wouldnt, when my girls are 16 then they can do as they like. x

My mam let me put two blonde streaks in the front of my hair when i was about 11 .. It was terrible ha , at about 16 i went fully blonde.. She never had a problem with me dying my hair most my friends had theirs done aswel.

I would allow my child aswel , Like a PP said as long as an allergy test is done before hand i dont see the harm.
Provocative clothing on the other hand noway!

No,I wouldnt.Children grow up too fast as it is these days.
I know someone who dyed her daughters hair when she was 5:dohh:

I started dying my hair when I was 11, I did modelling for a hairdressers so was in there getting a different cut & colour every week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->