Would you let your 11 yr old dye their hair

i don't know tbh, if it was a normal colour so she
wanted black hair instead of brown then yes i think i would
but if she wanted pink or something then no i wouldn't, i don't
think i'd let her highlight it either, natural yes anything else
would be a no, once she's 16 she can do what she likes lol

:flower:

Personally I wouldn't, I don't think I would make them wait till 18, possibly allow it at 16 I think. :)

I wasn't allowed to dye my hair either at that age, If wanted a different colour I had to use them hair mascara wands. :haha:

I have only ever had highlights in my hair and that was when I was about 20. I wouldnt want my daughter to be subject to those sort of chemicals too early.
When I was at school we would get sent home if we turned up at school with anything above knee height, and no heels either.

I have only ever had highlights in my hair and that was when I was about 20. I wouldnt want my daughter to be subject to those sort of chemicals too early.
When I was at school we would get sent home if we turned up at school with anything above knee height, and no heels either.

Nuns used to take us in the loos and stand there making us wash our make up off. Horrible cheap soap you had to use to made your face all squeaky. :haha: But blonde hair was ok I think if you went mad on it they would suspend you as fellas with skin heads where not allowed to attend schools here. Or hair dyes on boys wasnt allowed either.

I would if it was a wash in wash out type thing or washed out after a couple of washes.
I nagged my mum for ages to get my hair dyed and she finaly gave in the day I turned 12 on the condition it wasnt allowed tro be permenat or black.
Within reason I think compromises can be made

I think I would let my daughter use a wash-in, wash-out one when she hit secondary school, but definately nothing permanent until at least 16!

I used the wash in ones at that age and had reddish brown low lights done at about 13, from then on I've always been dying my hair, think I had my first highlights at 15. I'd like Chloe to wait but ultimately its her choice but I will try my best to keep it to natural dyes like henna etc if possible

I think I got highlights when I was in high school and then started dying my hair in college/university. I don't see an issue with it.

The clothing is an entirely different matter. I think if we had a daughter, DH would lock her up until she was 30 and not let any boys near :rofl:

I will do at 11-12 i wouldn't let tabs bleach it as she ha dark hair but she can change the colour other than that...

not permanently, but im a big believer in expressing yourself in how you dress etc, if poppy wants purple hair at age 3, ill do it for her. only temp dye though. i dont apologise for it! id not let her out the house in a miniskirt though.

not permanant (i dont even use permanant dye on my own hair) but yeh, i'd let them use semi permanant.

with regards to the skirt thing, EVERYONE in my sisters class has short skirts including my sister cos that's just how they're worn, she always wears her gym shorts underneath though.

No i wouldnt, At 11 i was still playing with my cousin outside in fields, Not worrying about the colour of my hair! I hope Amari is like that too.........As someone who has never dyed their hair though i fail to see the attraction.

She can do it when she can afford to :lol:

11 is far to young for mini skirts, I started wearing them at about 13.

I would have been allowed but I didn't dye it until I left school in case it turned out awful as I had blonde hair, I really hated it though and have had dark brown hair since leaving school.
My Mum took my sister to have her fair hair dyed black when she was 13 or 14.

I don't think semi-permanent is a problem, my half-brother's step-daughter is 11 and his son is 6 and they've both had red hair for Comic Relief. I don't think that's a problem. I'd just be worried about it making the hair less healthy and making it look damaged.

I don't agree with young girls wearing mini skirts without shorts or dressing like mini adults. I think kids should be kids. OH and I saw a little girl of about 6 or 7 in the park and she had on a little black mini skirt and black leather boots that went to her knees almost, she looked like a little mini hooker.

Dyeing hair and inappropriate clothing are 2 completely separate things IMO :flow:

My DD (was 4 at the time) has had pink in her hair, and I'd do it again, temporary dye, and only a couple of small sections, she wanted it as DH was doing a fundraiser for a cancer charity by having his hair pink :lol: I really see no issue with it.

As for miniskirts and other inappropriate clothes, and teens/tweens going about looking like little hookers, that's a big no-no. I can't get my head around parents who condone/fund that! As for the availability of such wrong and inappropriate items for young girls, surely if no-one bought them shops would stop stocking them as they'd be unprofitable :flower:

I wouldn't allow it no, I started dying my hair at 12 and I regret it now i'm older, mainly because it's taken me years to find out my natural colour again!
If my son/daughter wants to i'd tell them they can when they can afford to get it done proffesionally.

I wouldn't let my child dye their hair until they're in college and even then only non permanent natural colours until they're 18 after that they're an adult and can do as they like :flower: as for mini skirts I have never worn one and wouldn't allow a daughter of mine too either as they're not appropriate.

I probably wouldnt. Im 20 and haven't dyed my hair but my sister who's 18 first dyed hers at 14 and totally wrecked it because she ended up doing it so much. She regrets it so much now so i dont think i will let El dye hers for as long as i can. Highlights maybe but not a full head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->