Would you like to see a success thread

x_Rainbow_x

Reaction score
Right ladies this is a continuation on from the thread about sucess with IVF/ICIS etc..

it would be a thread only for success stories of those who have been through fertility treatment, who have had long hard journeys just like us, who want to inspire others not to give up after failures as if your keep trying success is just aroung the corner. The thread will just be a short entry from people who want to share their story that lead to a positive result eventually and will include such things as the cuase of the infertiltiy, secondary factors (if any), number of cycles, how many eggs retrieved, how many fertilised, how many embryos transferred and grade, EDD/DOB, how they felt throughout, sideaffects / symptoms and their journey to BFP

this is what kinda thread it would be.. so you deside the vote is annonomous so nobody will no who voted what...

Once we no if anyone would really like one.. then maybe it could be taken to the mods as a sudjestion for this part of the forum..

Sorry im not even up for any of the above treatments... but i think it is a brilliant idea... got my vote....:hug:

Yep i think it's a fantastic idea - i tend to google other forums for success stories and so i think it would be fantastic if people would share their success stories with us!xx

Another member Tanya and I are in the middle of sounding out the mods on this new thread so if we get more people in favour it will help us get our own section perhaps. Fingers crossed. I am glad some people are in favour of it so far and hope it will help some people in the future who need some inspiration XX

I think we all need as much encouragement as poss at times, so yes

I think it's a good idea ... What about extending it to include IUI as well as IVF / ICSI???

I'm a little confused about what the difference between this thread and the LTTC BFP thread would be. Surely both are success story threads in some sense?

I'm a little confused about what the difference between this thread and the LTTC BFP thread would be. Surely both are success story threads in some sense?

There is not really a structure to hte announcements thread in that certain things would be answered and the story would be told in full in this thread from start to finish, i think the BFP thread is just "hey i am pregnant"???

I think it's a good idea ... What about extending it to include IUI as well as IVF / ICSI???

It was to include all fertility treatments like IUI and any others, also perhaps success after miscarriage, i invisaged a section where there where seperate threads for each occasion, maybe IVF/ ICSI for one, IUI for another, success after misscarriage for another, etc etc so people can get straight to the stories relating to them, just an idea?

I think it would be a good idea - especially breaking it down into sections.

It would also be good if there was a specific structure for the success stories to make sure it included all the relative information that people would want to know i.e.

Type of Treatment
Place of treatment
Number of treatments
Drugs involved
Long/Short protocol
NHS/Private
Exact tests involved in diagnosis/prognosis

Think if people could see the specifics, the success as well as the individual narrative about someone's journey it would really help. The BFP announcement bit tends to be brief and you'd have to go through people's diary page upon page to keep up with the
rollercoaster of emotions.

What about stickies at the top in relation to each different diagnosis? I.e. Male factor - different types involved, WHO stats etc, It would mean that if people had a question then there would be a permanent thread to break it down? There is a board called fertility friends that is really good as it is for fertility issues and it breaks it down in black and white. It's a bit too big to use properly and it's nowhere near as friendly as BNB but they have some good ideas???

It would also be good if there was a specific structure for the success stories to make sure it included all the relative information that people would want to know i.e.

Type of Treatment
Place of treatment
Number of treatments
Drugs involved
Long/Short protocol
NHS/Private

Think if people could see the specifics, the success as well as the individual narrative about someone's journey it would really help. The BFP announcement bit tends to be brief and you'd have to go through people's diary page upon page to keep up with the

What about stickies at the top in relation to each different diagnosis? I.e. Male factor - different types involved, WHO stats etc, It would mean that if people had a question then there would be a permanent thread to break it down? There is a board called fertility friends that is really good as it is for fertility issues and it breaks it down in black and white. It's a bit too big to use properly and it's nowhere near as friendly as BNB but they have some good ideas???

thats a good idea but think of all the problems there would be to many stickys at the top then..

Type of Treatment
Place of treatment
Number of treatments
Drugs involved
Long/Short protocol
NHS/Private

Completely agree with all that chic, sounds good X

You know on the front page before you get into the LTTC section there are loads of sections pregnancy split by tri's, LTTC, TTC, Miscariage etc, would it not fit on that first level a section called simply success, then under that you can have all the different sections , ICSI, IVF, unexplained, IUI, misscarriage ets etc............the reason i say this is because i know a bit about search engines (web developer) and how pages are found by people, if its at high level then when someone types into google success with ICSI or success with IVF it stands more chance of being found and therefore more chance of people joining BnB and contributing :) x

ladies i thought we said a thread remember this is wobbles & SC's forum adding a whole new section is a whole different thing from a thread lets not get ahead of ourselves now.. LTTTC is all about ICSI, IVF, unexplained, IUI, misscarriage. I like all that in here.

My original idea was to add a new section totally seperate even.......threads get lost, if we just had one thread even if it was sticked wouldnt it become a bit cluttered with different types of success stories wouldnt it? Who are wobbles and SC and what do you mean its there forum????

My original idea was to add a new section totally seperate even.......threads get lost, if we just had one thread even if it was sticked wouldnt it become a bit cluttered with different types of success stories wouldnt it? Who are wobbles and SC and what do you mean its there forum????

they own this site this is there forum! thats who you talk to if you have a idea.

IC we have already contacted them then (the mods) to sound them out about the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->