Would you like to see a success thread

No need to say sorry honest I should have for appearing so blunt - just fuzzy headed this AM and now trying to catch up ....This included so will have a think. Its clear by poll (which are a good idea) that the idea is something many are interested in.

A sticky with no chat would bring questions ...hmmm

I'll think about it and poss even trial run something/a section. Don't hold me to that right now though. x

BTW do you mean a sub-forum within this forum?

Think its hard to understand people in writing sometimes, people misread me all the time and i have no idea why haha, I think my eagerness and energy comes across as bossy and i really truely dont want to, i just have ideas and get a bit involved in them too much....ney mind eh :)

Well with regards to the idea i think there is a choice of 3 solutions that i can think of, you will need to help make the decision as to which is best for your forum but i am happy to provide possible solutions.

Ok number 1 is the sticky example suggested. It would be good to have a sticky in a way since it would remain in the LTTC section where i suppose in a way it belongs, problem with that would be i suppose it cannot be broken into differnet types of success stories for people looking for something specific, say success after miscarriage, or success after IVF etc etc.

Solution number 2 is a seperate section totally on the index of the site as like the pregnancy forums and TTC forums. Section called Success stories perhaps with sub forums under it called TTC success stories (no treatment), unexplained infertility success (no treatment), IVF,ICSI, FET, Success after miscarriage, IUI, etc etc. Not sure this would work, or wether it warrents a totally seperate section but it does allow success stories to be broken down in to seperate threads??? Dunno would that work????

Just had another idea:
Solution number 3, same as above number 2 BUT i think you can set permisions on thread cant you so that only the person who started it can write on it? In that case it would prevent people writing on a persons "story" of success. It would then also allow the person to have multiple sections to their thread, say break it down by treatment numebr one that failed, treatment numebr 2 that failed, egg collection thoughts, etc, in the same way as a journal i suppose but with only that person allowed to comment and the story only related to a successful outcome.

GOD my mind is running away with me now, i hope i am making some sort of sense????

These are the only 3 soloutions i can think of right now??? Can any one suggest any other alternatives?

Also Wobbles:
1) Can we stop chat in the thread i think it would need to be kept clean with just stories ???? Although i like the journals sometimes the story gets lost with congratulations and entries from friends if you know what i mean? Can we use permissions some way?
2) How can we maintain the format ie make sure people try to answer a list of questions like, how many eggs, how many fertilised, how many attempts???

Sorry if i made no sense, i run aways with myself sometimes, hope the ideas are ok? x :blush:

If I did a sub-forum ..It would need to be a sub I think it would just be one and not one then more within. The title of the thread should be clear ...Like IVF, IUI etc etc

This imo does kind of do the same thing as the journals BUT on thinking about it there may be some benefits because journals are on the way too and have a mixture of updates replies updates replies etc so seperating the success stories can be put all on the first post and questions replies following but no confusion or having to find the next update thats on page 10 because its happened 'and this is how'.

Am I making sense? :blush:

Miscarriage after a loss - Sometimess people who experience this do not come and use this section but you will find those with recurrent will and therefore notice the 'success stories' and again would make the title clear 'Success story after recurrent MCs' but we have been thinking for some time now to add a section for pregnany after a loss seperately.

Be back to you later on it ;)

Oh as for how things look your right - Goes down well sometimes on a forum FULL of women :rofl: I have same problem this thread being an example :lol:

If I did a sub-forum ..It would need to be a sub I think it would just be one and not one then more within. The title of the thread should be clear ...Like IVF, IUI etc etc

This imo does kind of do the same thing as the journals BUT on thinking about it there may be some benefits because journals are on the way too and have a mixture of updates replies updates replies etc so seperating the success stories can be put all on the first post and questions replies following but no confusion or having to find the next update thats on page 10 because its happened 'and this is how'.

Am I making sense? :blush:

Miscarriage after a loss - Sometimess people who experience this do not come and use this section but you will find those with recurrent will and therefore notice the 'success stories' and again would make the title clear 'Success story after recurrent MCs' but we have been thinking for some time now to add a section for pregnany after a loss seperately.

Be back to you later on it ;)

Yeah i understand what you mean, i look forward to seeing what you come up with, i hope it gets used and people get some benefit from the section :)

Thanks for your help x

Sorry for the late update.

Just let you know I will be fitting this in ...like other sections as a tester.

I will do it tomorrow night or Wednesday day as I'm going out tomorrow afternoon x

Thanks wobbles, have seen the new success thread, hope someone christans it soon :) x

Great to see the success section being used and inspring hope to others, lots of storieson there already, thanks for setting it up for us wobbles :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->