Would you pay for this?

O

Ozzieshunni

Would you pay upwards of $76,000 (that's about 55,000 pounds UK) for your child to have a dream room? :wacko:

https://jezebel.com/5802634/

:haha: I thought the princess room was awesome! I mean, you see this stuff on Extreme Makeover all the time! I get so jealous, lol!

If I had so much money that it was about 20% of my yearly income then yes I would.

As I spent a lot of money of los room, infact 20% of my yearly salry then.

Nope. There isn't a thing that I would want to decorate Emma's room that you can't find at Target. :haha: 76k is enough for an amazing education and that is far more important for me. Even if I was a millionaire I don't think I would spend that much. :shrug:

Nope. There isn't a thing that I would want to decorate Emma's room that you can't find at Target. :haha: 76k is enough for an amazing education and that is far more important for me. Even if I was a millionaire I don't think I would spend that much. :shrug:

I agree with you (again lol) I think the way children change and grow up, its not worth it. You can make it look stunning for half that!

Hmm.
I find a lot of these "would you spend..." threads tricky because while I know I shouldn't judge, I do! Such extravagance is just kind of hard for me to respect, I guess. Even if I had that sort of money to spend, there is something about it that is so frivolous and wasteful. I don't know. It bugs me.
It's simply not where my priorities lie. I get it that it's their money to spend and all that, but I can think of a thousand causes and places to help rather than be so lavish on a child's room. :shrug:

I'd rather spend the money on a good school, holidays to amazing places the kids will love, etc.
My kids can choose the colour of the walls (within reason) :haha: Do they really need all that extravagence?

No. When I was little I had tons of toys. My favorite thing was a giant cardboard box. I played in it, ate in it, dragged it into the closet and slept in it. I don't see any point in spending so much money on those types of things for kids when they are happy with things like cardboard boxes. JMO.

If I had money to spare and by that I mean I already had a nice big house, privet tutors for my son and no money worries in any way shape or form than yes I would. I would go crazy and have a amazing room and one of those playhouses outside that are nicer than most peoples houses. Unfortunately I do not have money to spare or even to buy a house full stop (we rent) so my sons nursery was and bedroom is almost all ikea stuff which I am happy enough with.

First off I want to say that when I used to decorate, I would have loved having those spaces to design! And great commissions, too :haha:

But personally, although I thought that some of those rooms were really cool looking, especially the pirate ship, I don't think I would ever spend that kind of money on my children's rooms, no matter how filthy rich I was. I believe in teaching my boys more eternal values, rather than earthly values. None of that stuff you can take with you when you go, and when I see my city teeming with homeless people, and I hear of the dire poverty all over the world, there's no way I would ever want to spend that kind of money on myself or my children. I'm not saying it's wrong if someone else wants, to, by the way. Just my opinion for my family. :flower: xxx

No. Even if I had unlimited funds there's no WAY. There's people dying in the world because they don't have enough FOOD ffs. And someone pays 50 grand on their kid's room alone?? That seems so wrong to me on so many levels. If I had that amount of money to spare I'd actually try and make a difference, not spoil my kids like that.

If i won the lottery and money wasnt a problem. yeah prob would

im on the fence with this one because i would say no because that is a lot of money but then again if i was a millionaire and brought up by millionaires would i see that as a lot of money?

Nope not a chance. For a start, kids are so fickle, they'd want a pirate room one day then next week want dinosaurs. Plus they'd turn into little brats thinking everything in life is handed to them on a plate and have unrealistic expectations of the world, their friends would probably hate them for it (unless they were equally spoilt) and as NuKe said, the money could be spent on making a difference to someone else's life if you have that much spare cash floating around!

No even if we had that kind of money i wouldnt be bothered. i remember redecorating my own bedroom when i was 14 and was NEVER changing it. about a yr later i painted it cream and got cream bed linen etc, big change from grey, black and red. dont laugh it was the IN thing at the time

I think I would prefer do their room for a reasonable price and then when they're moved onto something new it can easily be changed (within reason, not every month).

I understand why some people say they would like to teach their child the value of money even if they could afford it. I do not disagree with the statement, although on this point I must say I think a child can have a lot and be grounded at the same time, it just depends on how it is handled. For example; I remember seeing a documentary about 'rich kids' and there was a very spoiled american girl who was never told no and her dad said he would "probably" say no if she asked for a privet jet. But there was a Japanese girl who had a privileged life but was very humble. I understand there is a culture difference there but I do feel that the way things are handled can make a big difference to how a privileged child sees things.

The comments about wanting to spend the money (if they had it) on charities and such seems presumptuous. It is quite possible that people who do spend so much on their kids rooms give a huge amount to charity. Now I am not presuming they all do, just simply saying they may do that too. I think it is a bit unreasonable to expect someone to work hard to make a fortune and then give it all away and not spend any on themselves and their family. A lot of charities are started and kept going by large donations from very wealthy people after all. Clearly in order to spend that sort of money on a kids room then have a lot to begin with so I really do not find it hard to believe they can afford to give a lot to help others too (once again I make the point of adding, I am not saying they all do).

I dont think I would go to the extreme of £76,000 but they would probably have a lovely room with lots of nice stuff if I had the money.. But then if I had a lot of money my whole house would be amazing lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->