Would you postpone ttc for an important trip?

ster1234

Reaction score
I had an ectopic pregnancy last month and my hcg is finally back to 0. I had gotten the methotrexate shot and was told by my doctor that I could ttc again as soon as my hcg is 0 and I get a period. DH and I are going on a 10 day cruise at the end of December and am trying to figure out if we should risk getting pregnant before the trip or just put it off until either right before the trip (plan it so that my 2ww is during the trip) or wait until after the trip. If we do a treatment cycle next month and I get a bfp, I would be 9-10 weeks pregnant on the trip.

I've been ttc for 17 months and have had 2 chemical pregnancies and 1 ectopic. I would love to get pregnant asap, but am scared about early pregnancy complications that could ruin or cancel the trip. This is kind of like a dream trip for us (the destination, cost, timing, etc), so I really don't want to have to cancel it and we may never have a chance to go again. Since this is the ttcal board, I know you wonderful ladies understand what it's like to go through m/c or pregnancy complications, so having experienced it, would you risk getting pregnant before such an important trip? DH wants to wait until December or later to ttc again and I feel like that would be the "smart" decision, but it kills me to have to wait. What would you do?

I think only you and DH know what is right for you. Personally I would atleast be NTNP until then, but I would probably be TTC. It is true you could get pregnant and have complications and have to cancel the trip, but you may also get pregnant and be fine. You just don't know. But so many other things could happen too. You could just as easily get the flu and be sick the whole trip, but that wouldn't change things right? We never know what the future holds, so I refuse to plan my life around the "what if's". I am taking it one day at a time and whatever problems arise, I will deal with them then. But that is me, you and DH know what is right for you. Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->