would you say I had a chemical??

Stacey_89

Team PINK
Reaction score
so basicly leading upto AF in August I had strong pregnancy symtoms along with killer aching boobs, like extremely tender and sore... ( only symptom I had with my daughter)
AF arrived on 17th aug on CD33..which is pretty normal for me.
AF was its normal self and lasted 5 days with no cramps either.
the only odd thing that happend was my sore boobs remained! very unlike me.
but because I had AF I just put it down to hormones and pregnancy never crossed my mind!!
its only when I went into hospital on the 29th as I had brown spotting and severe pains that I discovered I was actually pregnant! so that was a massive shock.
we were told to expect this to end in MC so we did.
The next day came and thats when my actual bleeding started, it felt just like another period... painless and lasted 5 days.
hcg levels dropped from 91 to 41 in 48 hrs last week so I should be 0 now.

so with me having what I thought was AF but was actually pregnant would I consider this a chemical loss? even though I started bleeding again 8 days later with hcg levels dropping.

so basicly leading upto AF in August I had strong pregnancy symtoms along with killer aching boobs, like extremely tender and sore... ( only symptom I had with my daughter)
but because I had AF I just put it down to hormones and pregnancy never crossed my mind!!
its only when I went into hospital on the 29th as I had brown spotting and severe pains that I discovered I was actually pregnant! so that was a massive shock.
The next day came and thats when my actual bleeding started, it felt just like another period... painless and lasted 5 days.

so with me having what I thought was AF but was actually pregnant would I consider this a chemical loss? even though I started bleeding again 8 days later with hcg levels dropping.

Hi Stacey yes that is a chemical pregnancy hun xx sorry for your loss babe. My understanding is that a CP is usually when you test + for PG on home tests / blood tests but it doesn't last long enough to show up on a scan - hence the name chemical. You obviously didn't test because you didn't know but the hospital did and they said you were PG and then it didn't implant properly / something was wrong. Sorry for your loss hun - I know they are tough / confusing to go through as I've had 3 since December 2013 followed by a mmc at 9 weeks a few weeks ago (am ok with it all though as lucky enough to have 3 LO's and almost 43!).
Hope this helps you -- wish you all the best hun xx

Hi Stacey yes that is a chemical pregnancy hun xx sorry for your loss babe. My understanding is that a CP is usually when you test + for PG on home tests / blood tests but it doesn't last long enough to show up on a scan - hence the name chemical. You obviously didn't test because you didn't know but the hospital did and they said you were PG and then it didn't implant properly / something was wrong. Sorry for your loss hun - I know they are tough / confusing to go through as I've had 3 since December 2013 followed by a mmc at 9 weeks a few weeks ago (am ok with it all though as lucky enough to have 3 LO's and almost 43!).
Hope this helps you -- wish you all the best hun xx

thanks for your reply & so very sorry for your losses x
it has been frustrating but without it sounding harsh i prefer that its happend now rather then later, my MC 5 years ago was at 12weeks and completely broke my heart and took me a long time to come to terms with.

as iv had a chemical then im hoping my body does not go all out of wack?? it just settled down as I had implant removed in april.
hoping to get another bfp soon :) x

Hey Stacey thanks hun. I know exactly what you mean I find the CP's ok whereas the MMC seemed like such a waste of precious time for nothing. I tend to view the CP's as postive as at least I am getting PG and rally my body is just trying to produce that last good egg (we want one final child to complete the family fingrs xd!) My period is usually 28 days and with each of my CP's it came on or around 28 days each time follwoing first day of bleeding give or take a day - the good thing with a CP is that HCG has not gotten massively high so it is usually v quick to drop back down and then u should have a normalish cycle afterwards ..... good luck x

Hey Stacey thanks hun. I know exactly what you mean I find the CP's ok whereas the MMC seemed like such a waste of precious time for nothing. I tend to view the CP's as postive as at least I am getting PG and rally my body is just trying to produce that last good egg (we want one final child to complete the family fingrs xd!) My period is usually 28 days and with each of my CP's it came on or around 28 days each time follwoing first day of bleeding give or take a day - the good thing with a CP is that HCG has not gotten massively high so it is usually v quick to drop back down and then u should have a normalish cycle afterwards ..... good luck x

exactly, my hcg was 91 and dropped verg quick to 41 and that was on tuesday. ..so I should imagin im normal now. I go bk to hospital on tuesday again just to double check.
and we are the same, we want one more baby to complete the family :) im only 25 but iv only ever wanted 2 children. my LG is 4 in october so I think now is a good time to try. my lg took 7months to get pregnant with so with this one being 4months I was shocked as I thought it would be the same again to concieve.
hoping the next one dnt take too long, Iv read so many stories about people catching the very next cycle and some about woman who ovulate straight after their loss and concieve the same month!! but iv also read some people took longer between 6&10 months....I hope mine wont take that long :(
I guess all I can do is just bd every other day and see what happens.
atleast I now know extremely tender boobs before AF is my thing lol had it with both pregnancies now.

Good luck!! I hope we dont take too long for our :bfp: :)
would be nice to get pregnant before Xmas
fingers and toes crossed! x

I always had a stunted LP after my chemicals but only for one cycle. Sorry for your losses :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->