Would you tell family on Christmas? Light Spotting

mamacastro

Reaction score
My husband and I plan on telling our immediate families that I am pregnant tomorrow and Christmas Day.
For the past 2 days, I have had some spotting -- VERY light spotting. Pink, only when wiping, with normal cramping that I have had all pregnancy. I am just nervous to tell them, and then go to my OB appointment on Friday, and have to tell them bad news :wacko:
Every website I read says this is completely normal, I think I may just be over reacting.

Would you ladies tell your families as a "Christmas present" or just wait to make sure all is okay? I will be 7 weeks tomorrow and dying to tell them! We have been keeping this a secret for 2 1/2 weeks!

I would go ahead and tell them. I am in a similar situation and made the decision to tell.

You could always tell them, but with a warning that you've been spotting and that it's still very early... Wouldn't want grandparents to get excited to then be crushed.

i'd tell them!! we are telling ours even though i'd prefer to wait until after our 12 week scan which is december 29 :( it will be a wonderful surprise and a great memory to look back on. we are telling our family by putting pink and blue balloons in a box for the grandparents to open, we are just hoping they get it!

We are telling ours on Christmas! It's a family tradition now.. we told them about DS two years ago on Christmas (just over 13 weeks). This little one is only going to be just over 9 weeks, but we are going to tell them again on Christmas and just tell them not to spread the news to their friends / extended family until after our 12 weeks scan :)

We told our families last time I fell pregnant and then only 5 days later at 5w2d I started bleeding and I miscarried. I was so glad that we had told them. Their support was much needed.

This time I wanted to wait until I passed that 5w2d milestone before telling them. We plan on telling them on Christmas day. I'll be 5w5d. I can't wait.

I think you should tell them :)

We told our families and friends at 3 weeks 4 days. I always tell right away though. Have an ultrasound tomorrow (12 weeks 3 days) hoping for pics :)

I will 7 weeks tomorrow as well! Although my first appointment isn't until January 5th! Ugh. We are telling both of our parents tomorrow and then the rest of my family on Christmas Day! Good luck to you :)

Kind of in the same predicament as we have told some close family, but not all, and I am expecting it to come out to everyone else on Xmas day when they realise I'm not having a wine. Except that today I've had some brown spotting, which I never experienced during my last pregnancy or before this in this one. TMI, but OH and I had sex last night and I think it might be related. Have googled it and heard it's common, but I still freaked out and thought I was miscarrying and talked to my midwife on the phone for reassurance. It's mostly stopped now, but I'm still nervous about telling more people in case it is a bad sign. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->