Would you touch the head?

Babybug

Reaction score
Just watching one born every min and the mw asked if the lady wanted to reach down and touch babies head between contractions, I have heard them ask that in other episodes too.

Would you do it, I really dont think I would, I wad never asked last time, although oddly I did adk to see the placenta and she showed me, no idea why I asked tbh.

Like you I adjective to see placenta and I would defo yes want to feel head . In fact if I'm not I too much pain I will ask too . I think it would push me to push , kinda egg me on , hehe . I know with my youngest I deliverd his head with my water breaking and I wish I would of felt his head before I pushed again ,

I touched the head last time and after id delivered the placenta, little one was asleep so me and the midwife had a good look/examination of it - it was amazing! you should have a nosey because its an incredible piece of engineering lol. But then again im a bit weird as i like looking at innards! hahaha!

Absolutely not, call me a prude but at that point Im fairly certain I will JUST WANT THE BABY OUT(!!) and I dont need a reminder that although this is a beauitful moment in life, so natural, blah blah blah, I choose to bury my head in the sand and try to move on!!

For sure! I will most definitely reach down and touch baby's head! Well, if I can remember! lol

I would love to touch baby's head and hope I remember to :) I think and hope it might help me have more control over my pushing and help me to deliver baby slowly and gently and also I can only imagine the rush I will get from feeling my baby move from my body into the world!
But you know, that's me, hehe ^^

I don't think I could be bothered touching the head, I just would want them out.
I'd be too scared of actually feeling the wreckage down there too, but then my only birth experience is with forceps.

I would be interested in seeing the placenta though, how big is it? Mine was whipped out and vanished without me even realising.

I wouldn't want to touch. One, I think I'd be afraid of poking her soft spot and two, I think it would freak me out. The less I know what is going on down there, the better. I might want to do it if I've been pushing a long time and am really discouraged about the baby ever coming out. Otherwise I think I'll want to focus on pushing. I don't even want a mirror to be set up. I don't want to see!

When I was pushing my first son and he was crowning, they told me to touch his head and I said I didn't want to lol. They asked me a couple more times if I wanted to though, so I finally did and I almost said "ewww" outloud lol. I don't know it's just not something I wanted to do. I didn't opt for a mirror to see it either.

It was never offered with my first two but my third, the midwife asked. I knew I wanted to, but in that moment, I chose not to because I just wanted to get her out, lol. I'm gonna try better this time.

i felt my babies haeds both times ive delivered, and will be doing it again this time.. i want to be the first person to touch my baby :)

i felt my babies haeds both times ive delivered, and will be doing it again this time.. i want to be the first person to touch my baby :)

When you put it that way, it makes me think I might want to x

I felt lo's head. It was amazing after pushing so long and encouraged me that i was close to having her in my arms

They asked me with DS1 if I wanted to see his head and my response was "No! I just want to get him out of me!" :nope: If he's that close to the end, let him out so that I can cuddle with him and gaze into his eyes. I want the full deal! :D

I'm making a note in my birth plan and have already told DH... I do not want to touch his head until he's already fully out of me. :p

I've felt the head of all of mine, in the last one it was more because in a moment of stupidity I believed I could hold her in so DH wouldn't miss her birth. Don't think I need to tell you how that one ended!!

I didn't feel like moving... at all... between contractions, so I told them no

They asked me with LO last time, and I was so bent on just getting her out that I refused and said "I just want her out" :haha: I'd rather cuddle the whole baby once it's out this time too :)

I don't want to see nothing or feel nothing lol I had a front row seat for my sisters first birth and I really wish someone would have given me a crash course on what was really going to happen. I was only like 19 and I seriously had no clue about the after birth or placenta and I almost freaked out. I thought she was hemorrhaging so I def don't want to experience that again. Lol oh how naive I was

Nah I don't think so... I will be touching the baby soon enough haha :)

I didn't and I won't this time either. That part for me was absolute agony the last thing I want is to touch it I want it OUT lol! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->